Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll have to start reloading when I retire…all the free ammo will be gone then! 😕

But I have been “collecting” for a while!
I’ve been at it for several years now, it’s like any other hobby. Expensive lol

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Put this together from a bunch of old AR parts laying around. Foxtrot Mike AR9 5” upper with a Spikes Glock lower. Ran 200 rounds through it today with no issue and it ran like a top. Really like it! Think I’ve got about $450 in it

29A44FF6 47C5 405F 9126 C9448312DE3A FEE52ACB 1825 4523 A7AD 5F17AF469961

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked up one of the these the other day. Has not arrive yet. I'm still scope shopping at the time and the damn scopes I like are more than the gun. Chit is just ot high. Crazy prices. Picked up one of the these at a discounted price with $400 of optional equipment on it from Guns.com.

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Todays little gem would be the long gone SIG Mosquito. Got this dude to use for training the ladies and kids. Its a great introduction to pistol shooting and the safety features on firearms. Drop safety, decocker, mag safety and thumb safety. I believe that GSG picked up the Mosquito when they landed the small caliber German manufacturers contract and renamed it the Firefly. You can still get the Mosquito now but its a slightly different version since GSG is manufacturing it. Still, a freaking awesome trainer for the kiddos and with a fixed barrel, you can buy a cheap can and leave it direct threaded! Ive put over 10,000 rounds through mine and probably only CLEANED cleaned it 5 times? Most of the time its a shirt tail or little shop rag and a spritz of lube, then back to work!

The can is from another long gone company (for good reason) Rebel Suppressors. They had great potential but with garbage customer service and over year long wait times AFTER they took your money, they finally went tits up. This can was the S.O.S. which stood for Stack On Suppressor. Ive ran it on multiple different pistols and rifles but since buying other cans, it now lives on this as a backup home defense pistol. Its nice because its modular since each baffle can be removed individually.

This beautiful unartistic photo was clicked this morning before it went to bed for the day. Now go buy more guns!
54A4FA04 7036 4125 9BB3 48543B7458C2

Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Todays little gem would be the long gone SIG Mosquito. Got this dude to use for training the ladies and kids. Its a great introduction to pistol shooting and the safety features on firearms. Drop safety, decocker, mag safety and thumb safety. I believe that GSG picked up the Mosquito when they landed the small caliber German manufacturers contract and renamed it the Firefly. You can still get the Mosquito now but its a slightly different version since GSG is manufacturing it. Still, a freaking awesome trainer for the kiddos and with a fixed barrel, you can buy a cheap can and leave it direct threaded! Ive put over 10,000 rounds through mine and probably only CLEANED cleaned it 5 times? Most of the time its a shirt tail or little shop rag and a spritz of lube, then back to work!

The can is from another long gone company (for good reason) Rebel Suppressors. They had great potential but with garbage customer service and over year long wait times AFTER they took your money, they finally went tits up. This can was the S.O.S. which stood for Stack On Suppressor. Ive ran it on multiple different pistols and rifles but since buying other cans, it now lives on this as a backup home defense pistol. Its nice because its modular since each baffle can be removed individually.

This beautiful unartistic photo was clicked this morning before it went to bed for the day. Now go buy more guns!
View attachment 369775

E6631E18 0798 43F8 9A81 E3CA7D647DD3

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny thing about the ATF. They couldn’t do my background check when I opened my FFL because while in the Marines, I got higher clearances than they have. So my paperwork had to be sent to Quantico to have someone with a higher clearance than me to do my background check lol

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of knowledgeable members here on firearms. Maybe someone can tell me a little more about this revolver. It was inherited from my grandfather. All I know is it’s an Iver Johnson and Cyleworks Arms. Hammerless .32
092C2F12 C816 40D4 9642 DF96FFCA39E8
CA0B2DE3 6311 4A27 AC05 7A6E1D3D3DF7
2EA57DD9 6A87 4642 B096 6A7BCA7EB72A

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of knowledgeable members here on firearms. Maybe someone can tell me a little more about this revolver. It was inherited from my grandfather. All I know is it’s an Iver Johnson and Cyleworks Arms. Hammerless .32
View attachment 369837View attachment 369838View attachment 369839
long read ladies and gents, but if you’d like to know why you shouldn’t fire old guns, read on!

I’m a fan of the old irons. My grandfather has a handful of stuff from early 1900’s and late 1800’s which I’m hoping I inherit. I love digging up info and hearing the stories behind them and the purposes they served.

It looks to me the model isn’t a big ticket item for resale or collectibility but sentimental value could be through the roof!

I would say to research the year/date in connection with the serial number. That should give you a good idea on what materials and heat treating process that generation would have been built with. I say that because I’ve had a large amount of folks try and consign guns through me and I would break bad news to them.

Most of the time when non-gun people get the heirlooms from the grandparents they think “let’s go shoot grandpas old break barrel shotgun son!” But to ignorance about guns they don’t realize that firearms from older eras are built to stand the powders and pressures from that era. now days we have much better developed explosives and gun powders are unbelievably different in many aspects. Not forgetting the advancement of metallurgy knowledge.

A lot of the early 1900 firearms were sold under the excitement of “Damascus steel.” If you’re a fan of Forged in Fire you have an idea of what Damascus is. Well, the forging technique and the steel quality was not as good as it was today. Damascus steel back then was literal scrap pieces that were melted down together to make blanks. You could have a multitude of dissimilar steels that have different properties working to just stay together if you threw a new age Winchester shell in it. The guns I would get were nearly broken in half or the chamber was out of round. They would put new shells in these antique guns and not realize how bad they were hurting them.

I personally would never shoot those old antique firearms unless I was hand loading very light. And that would purposely be for checking function. Make a beautiful shadow box and load it with the gun and other memorable trinkets or photos and enjoy! To me, the story will last decades longer than killing a 90+ yr old gun out plinking.

From the looks of the info online, those were made from 1888 until the late 1930’s. I can’t find info on why some had hammers and some were slick top. Remember, gun manufacturers weren’t obligated to use serial numbers on guns until 1968. So if yours does have a serial number, you may find some great info in specific groups pertaining to whatever gun you’d like to research. Groups in the firearms forums or on Fecalbook. (If they even allow people to talk about guns still?) My winchesters from the 1800’s have serial numbers but due to the fire Winchester had, the numbers are an educated guess on manufacture year. I have some New Haven 12g pumps without serial numbers which only tells me that they are a pre 1968 model.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
long read ladies and gents, but if you’d like to know why you shouldn’t fire old guns, read on!

I’m a fan of the old irons. My grandfather has a handful of stuff from early 1900’s and late 1800’s which I’m hoping I inherit. I love digging up info and hearing the stories behind them and the purposes they served.

It looks to me the model isn’t a big ticket item for resale or collectibility but sentimental value could be through the roof!

I would say to research the year/date in connection with the serial number. That should give you a good idea on what materials and heat treating process that generation would have been built with. I say that because I’ve had a large amount of folks try and consign guns through me and I would break bad news to them.

Most of the time when non-gun people get the heirlooms from the grandparents they think “let’s go shoot grandpas old break barrel shotgun son!” But to ignorance about guns they don’t realize that firearms from older eras are built to stand the powders and pressures from that era. now days we have much better developed explosives and gun powders are unbelievably different in many aspects. Not forgetting the advancement of metallurgy knowledge.

A lot of the early 1900 firearms were sold under the excitement of “Damascus steel.” If you’re a fan of Forged in Fire you have an idea of what Damascus is. Well, the forging technique and the steel quality was not as good as it was today. Damascus steel back then was literal scrap pieces that were melted down together to make blanks. You could have a multitude of dissimilar steels that have different properties working to just stay together if you threw a new age Winchester shell in it. The guns I would get were nearly broken in half or the chamber was out of round. They would put new shells in these antique guns and not realize how bad they were hurting them.

I personally would never shoot those old antique firearms unless I was hand loading very light. And that would purposely be for checking function. Make a beautiful shadow box and load it with the gun and other memorable trinkets or photos and enjoy! To me, the story will last decades longer than killing a 90+ yr old gun out plinking.

From the looks of the info online, those were made from 1888 until the late 1930’s. I can’t find info on why some had hammers and some were slick top. Remember, gun manufacturers weren’t obligated to use serial numbers on guns until 1968. So if yours does have a serial number, you may find some great info in specific groups pertaining to whatever gun you’d like to research. Groups in the firearms forums or on Fecalbook. (If they even allow people to talk about guns still?) My winchesters from the 1800’s have serial numbers but due to the fire Winchester had, the numbers are an educated guess on manufacture year. I have some New Haven 12g pumps without serial numbers which only tells me that they are a pre 1968 model.
Last thing I want to do is shoot it. I appreciate your knowledge and that’s what this post was about. It’s time for me to give it to my son to hand down. I was just interested if anyone knew anything. Probably only worth $50 but it’s still great grampas gun. And when I give it to my boy its great great grampas gun

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 369837View attachment 369838View attachment 369839
@Rayger143

Good friend has this same pistol nearly new in a box, along with an amazingly similar story - passed from Great - great to Grand, to Dad, to him.

Friend's research -
Sounds like many immigrant families around the Depression, owned these for protection.
They were a Harpers - Sears catalogue type, order.

His turned out to not be really valuable or rare, but the family story is invaluable.
Iver Johnson .32

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Rayger143

Good friend has this same pistol nearly new in a box, along with an amazingly similar story - passed from Great - great to Grand, to Dad, to him.

Friend's research -
Sounds like many immigrant families around the Depression, owned these for protection.
They were a Harpers - Sears catalogue type, order.

His turned out to not be really valuable or rare, but the family story is invaluable.
Iver Johnson .32
That is a good read. Thanks for posting. Appreciated.

Reactions: Biteme and Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!