Firearm Fridays!!!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got home from the big gun show in Columbus Ohio. I haven't been to a gun show in 25 years. Let me just say that is was a huge disappointment. Looked like a small flee market with over a 1/3 or more of the stuff from China. The last gun show I went to was in Toledo. It was huge and the qualility of guns and gear were great. I talked to a fellow at the show about my disappoint and he told me that all the people and organizations that put the on the big shows, the best ones, had gotten out of the business. I don't understand that when they're saying people are buying guns like crazy and you can't get ammo. What the heck happen? Sad, really sad. What have to qualility? There was a few guys with good stuff but not may. I told my buddy, that went with me, we could empty the gun safe and bring it up here and have some of the best stuff here. Again, sad. I went looking for a Trijicon HX 1-8 or a Eotech Vudu 1-8, or Stiener 1-5 and they have nothing. No reason the mention Leupold 1-8 because they didn't have one an that ones more than I want to spend anyway.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Get this. I don't use facebook but I have and account because I have used marketplace. I'm probably band because they kicked out my listing of the US optic I was trying to sell so I sent support a request to SUPPORT for them to kiss my azz. They can have that hole.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got home from the big gun show in Columbus Ohio. I haven't been to a gun show in 25 years. Let me just say that is was a huge disappointment. Looked like a small flee market with over a 1/3 or more of the stuff from China. The last gun show I went to was in Toledo. It was huge and the qualility of guns and gear were great. I talked to a fellow at the show about my disappoint and he told me that all the people and organizations that put the on the big shows, the best ones, had gotten out of the business. I don't understand that when they're saying people are buying guns like crazy and you can't get ammo. What the heck happen? Sad, really sad. What have to qualility? There was a few guys with good stuff but not may. I told my buddy, that went with me, we could empty the gun safe and bring it up here and have some of the best stuff here. Again, sad. I went looking for a Trijicon HX 1-8 or a Eotech Vudu 1-8, or Stiener 1-5 and they have nothing. No reason the mention Leupold 1-8 because they didn't have one an that ones more than I want to spend anyway.
Looking at the prices some of these guys are asking at recent locals shows I’ve left feeling like a very rich man.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Depends on who is running the show. Down here we have several different venues. The big one with all the vendors is one a month in a different city. Next week for closest to me. Several smaller venues that are more like flea markets

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love the misfits. Like this nice little savage 22 semi with the built in sling. The rifle itself is a great little gun. Runs flawlessly. The sling is something that must have looked much better on paper than it actually is in the real world. It is an absolute train wreck. Without constant attention the end will swivel and release. Most of the scars on the gun have come from someone actually trying to use it. Still a great little gun I’ve had for a very long time.

03704E97 0EE6 4977 9647 0B89D2858FB1 249EAA79 C4E8 4B4F B479 3FCAF960E19A

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, since the gun show was a flop I came home an order a scope online.

Trijicon Credo HX 1-8x28​

Waiting for shippment. Anyone try one have one of these and or tried them out? I have a trijicon reflect on a 45/70 Encore pistol I deer hunt with and it's great.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yea, I hear the BATFE will give you a "free tax stamp" for all your braced AR "pistols" ... err ... short-barrel rifles.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Sad
Reactions: Biteme and GovtMule
HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got home from the big gun show in Columbus Ohio. I haven't been to a gun show in 25 years. Let me just say that is was a huge disappointment. Looked like a small flee market with over a 1/3 or more of the stuff from China. The last gun show I went to was in Toledo. It was huge and the qualility of guns and gear were great. I talked to a fellow at the show about my disappoint and he told me that all the people and organizations that put the on the big shows, the best ones, had gotten out of the business. I don't understand that when they're saying people are buying guns like crazy and you can't get ammo. What the heck happen? Sad, really sad. What have to qualility? There was a few guys with good stuff but not may. I told my buddy, that went with me, we could empty the gun safe and bring it up here and have some of the best stuff here. Again, sad. I went looking for a Trijicon HX 1-8 or a Eotech Vudu 1-8, or Stiener 1-5 and they have nothing. No reason the mention Leupold 1-8 because they didn't have one a that ones more than I want to spend anyway.
Send me a message with what you’re looking for. I’ll see if I can find them in my distributors. ✌🏼 (This goes for anyone looking for parts)

Last edited:
HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing special this Friday, but a little hidden gem at my mother in laws laundry room, next door. We’ve had some people checking her front door while she’s at our house watching a movie or babysitting. So, I bought myself a Glock 23 gen5 for room clearing fun! Upgraded trigger and mag base, chambered in .40. I’ve got a MicroRoni for it
F8C9C7D6 BBE0 4F36 A281 4A7E71C77FCE

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess it doesn’t always happen on Friday's, but Friday's are pay days!

What did you get?
Why did you get it?
What ya gonna do to it?!

I had to start this with a triple gents!
Got the G2 Vector in .45 as a SBR. Dream gun, always wanted one, and I’ve got more than 14 AR’s and I’m sick of building them. Next day after bragging at work, someone said “when you gonna get a can for that one?” I went back to the same place after work and got the Rugged .45!

As the time went on, I thought “I NEED my other dream gun! An MP5!” With the moronic standard mag ban closing in on lawful citizens in Washingfornia, I called to see how long I had on my Vector and Obsidian. Made sure my boys were getting out of federal prison at the same time 😎 Paperwork was approved and was sent to my local shop! I went into the shop again and dropped another $3,100 on the MP5! Prevailing wage with no consumer debt lets you do dumb schtuff like this. We have a mandatory 10 day wait time in our county.

And 10 days later…
View attachment 364945
Plans are a SBR for the MP5. I already added the forward guard to the Vector. And future plans are both getting sent to Blown Deadline for a Space Force theme!

So what you got boys and girls?!?
4021FBB5 68AC 47A8 9641 66E03B43F168

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
This Friday/weekend will be a busy one for me. My dad and I will be installing a 20" Proof Research barrel on my built Stevens .308 rifle. Then I'll be installing a new 1-6x on my Ruger Ranch 300BLK. Going to toss a Vickers Tactical sling on the Ruger too since it's been primarily a truck rig. Then I'm going to go sight in a Savage .22 WMR with a suppressor so I have this year's small game getter ready for Archery deer and elk in fall. Probably get some shoulder time with Bergara 6.5 PRC as well. Only had it about a year and I'm still getting acquainted. It shoots great, but it's not as familiar as my Stevens.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Hopefully I'll be picking my new pistola up tomorrow from my FFL. Ordered on gunbroker.com Sunday and shows delivery for tomorrow. Lightly used Dan Wesson Valor Vbob in 45acp. Sold its twin several years ago and always regretted it. Also got 2 cans that should be getting approved any day now(269&243 days) Screw the ATF with a rusty claw hammer!!!

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
✌🏼QUESTION✌🏼

My sons first birthday is upon us and although he will be getting heirlooms later… what’s a good first gun? I was thinking a Golden Boy or a Marlin Papoose. Henry Survival? It’ll more than likely be a .22 but wanted to poll you all to see if something interesting is mentioned. I’d like a threaded barrel for a later birthday suppressor.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
✌🏼QUESTION✌🏼

My sons first birthday is upon us and although he will be getting heirlooms later… what’s a good first gun? I was thinking a Golden Boy or a Marlin Papoose. Henry Survival? It’ll more than likely be a .22 but wanted to poll you all to see if something interesting is mentioned. I’d like a threaded barrel for a later birthday suppressor.
My first gun was a Winchester 30-30 but that wasn’t on my first birthday. I gave it to my son on his 10th birthday

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
✌🏼QUESTION✌🏼

I bought my son a Savage Rascal as his first real gun. I liked that it works just like a regular bolt action and has the accu-trigger. Thier available with a threaded barrel now, which is what I would have bought if it was available then.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
✌🏼QUESTION✌🏼

My son turned 1 in February. I bought him a Rossi Tuffy .410 single shot. Should make a great first shotgun for him. It's short and very light weight.
20230103 171944

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My son turned 1 in February. I bought him a Rossi Tuffy .410 single shot. Should make a great first shotgun for him. It's short and very light weight.
View attachment 380787
Lol the very little old black lady who moved in next door asked my wife and I to take her to buy a gun. She wanted a home defense shotgun and revolver. She called it a piece. “I need a shotgun and a piece for all these knuckleheads runnin round now a days.” We tried to find her a shotgun in her size. Something she could hold, shoulder and pump. No way Jose. One of the shotguns we looked at was actually taller than her! Like I said, very little. Once she saw the kids break barrel section she would not put it down. Carried that thing all over the store looking for her piece. She asked me a bunch of times to show her how to load it and manipulate, or “get dangerous” with it. We went over it for 3 hours one day, just loading and unloading it. Dry fire the snapcap and reload. A year went by and she had me change her faucet aerator out. I asked if she got to shoot her shotgun and with a complete look of confusion she said “naw honey, I put it back in the box and in my closet after you taught me how to use it. Whyyy?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyhow, your photo is the identical one she bought. She liked that one because it made her feel like she was in that NCIS or the LL Cool J show she watches.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up these two Savage model 12’s as project guns. One is .308 win and the other is 6.5 Creedmoor.

93C4212A 1E2E 4357 BA82 5E50C30C34C7

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!