Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dark road of Savage modifications...

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk
I might not be doing much after that first range day, they were very accurate. Might put the .308 in an oryx chassis just for giggles.

Last edited:
Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
I might look into one of those.
I bought it because it gave precision features and rigidness while still being hunting capable. I was running a 16 inch heavy barrel, custom trigger, Leupold 4-12x with suppressor on the original stock with a carbon fiber tripod. Most of my hunting shots are about 400 yards and from improvised shooting positions. The setup is consistent for a 4" group or better at 400 yards with handloads. The new Proof barrel will reduce the overall weight and should increase muzzle velocity and accuracy. Now the stock is the heaviest component, but I'm fine with that because the factory plastic stock just had too much flex. It didn't help that I had to remove a heavy chunk of the forestock to fit the heavy barrel. I missed elk because of the original stock due to flex. I tested it at the range to confirm. The MDT eliminated that problem with no modifications, mounts better to my tripod, and allows me to lock my sling in tighter. Overall better accuracy and faster follow ups. Ridiculous fun that started with a $100 beat up rifle.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well
I bought it because it gave precision features and rigidness while still being hunting capable. I was running a 16 inch heavy barrel, custom trigger, Leupold 4-12x with suppressor on the original stock with a carbon fiber tripod. Most of my hunting shots are about 400 yards and from improvised shooting positions. The setup is consistent for a 4" group or better at 400 yards with handloads. The new Proof barrel will reduce the overall weight and should increase muzzle velocity and accuracy. Now the stock is the heaviest component, but I'm fine with that because the factory plastic stock just had too much flex. It didn't help that I had to remove a heavy chunk of the forestock to fit the heavy barrel. I missed elk because of the original stock due to flex. I tested it at the range to confirm. The MDT eliminated that problem with no modifications, mounts better to my tripod, and allows me to lock my sling in tighter. Overall better accuracy and faster follow ups. Ridiculous fun that started with a $100 beat up rifle.

Well you can’t beat that. I just pick up another gun last week to go with those. A Browning X-bolt long range stalker in 30-06. Not sure what optic I’ll put on it, I put Vortex Vipers 6.5-20x44 on the savages.

Last edited:
HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone’s gettin a UMP 🎶
Doodah doodah
Someone’s gettin a UMP
Chambered in foty-five

gonna go shoot some dirt
Gonna go shoot some hay
Might get a fat little rock chuck hide
All the live-long dayyyyy! 🎶

Honestly, not sure if there’s much left of a rock chuck after a .45 but we will see! I ended up getting a little savage youth in .22. It’s dark teal and wood and has a threaded barrel. Sweet little thing! Now the mandatory 10 days start. 😒

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Someone’s gettin a UMP 🎶
Doodah doodah
Someone’s gettin a UMP
Chambered in foty-five

gonna go shoot some dirt
Gonna go shoot some hay
All the live-long dayyyyy! 🎶

Honestly, not sure if there’s much left of a rock chuck after a .45 but we will see! I ended up getting a little savage youth in .22. It’s dark teal and wood and has a threaded barrel. Sweet little thing! Now the mandatory 10 days start. 😒
💰💰💰

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife finally got her Taurus PolyProtector in .357😎 It’s a sweet little thing but man is it flippy. Those short muzzle wheel guns are snappy. I’ve told her to get a lot of range time to mitigate the muzzle flip and after she shot it, she agreed lol
B99096CC C05C 4083 8B4F 3C8BDE1920E3

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UMP is definitaly on the wish list.

s***! I didn’t know how close you were! We were looking for water property in Huson and a little bit west in St Regis! Montana has an awesome program where P&T Vets don’t pay property tax. We made a couple offers but nothing has hit yet. Just waiting for that big beautiful shooting range in the “Big” Sky lol

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Wife finally got her Taurus PolyProtector in .357😎 It’s a sweet little thing but man is it flippy. Those short muzzle wheel guns are snappy. I’ve told her to get a lot of range time to mitigate the muzzle flip and after she shot it, she agreed lol
View attachment 381599
I've got a 329pd that I carry out West on hunting trips because its so light, but man, it is absolutely a nightmare to shoot bear loads through.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone’s gettin a UMP
Doodah doodah
Someone’s gettin a UMP
Chambered in foty-five

gonna go shoot some dirt
Gonna go shoot some hay
All the live-long dayyyyy!

Honestly, not sure if there’s much left of a rock chuck after a .45 but we will see! I ended up getting a little savage youth in .22. It’s dark teal and wood and has a threaded barrel. Sweet little thing! Now the mandatory 10 days start.

10 days for what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Real glad I live in a non-communist state that respects our constitution and we can buy and walk out the door in 30 minutes or less, long gun or handgun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Used to be that way for us. Then the Californian infection hit. Then Bloomberg bought a bunch of votes and dooped s***attle that “guns r bad mmmkay.” So now whatever King County votes for is law. The entire rest of the state could vote against, but if King votes yes or no on anything, that’s it.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Same s*** in Colorado and other states… the voting logic has been hacked by libtards
Used to be that way for us. Then the Californian infection hit. Then Bloomberg bought a bunch of votes and dooped s***attle that “guns r bad mmmkay.” So now whatever King County votes for is law. The entire rest of the state could vote against, but if King votes yes or no on anything, that’s it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!