First Bath

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Between some recent rains and my son being home on a couple of weekends, a heavy layer of mud was covering the Pioneer 500. Add in a good share of grass and fall leaves! A pressure washer in not optional equipment. I bet it took almost two hours getting most of it out. What gets trapped above the plastic skid plates was the most challenging. While I could find a number of places to get the wand in there, getting good coverage of the complete area was a problem.

Wondering for next time if driving it on some ramps and removing the skid plates is a better and quicker option?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Maybe. But my luck I would strip a bolt.. lol.
I spent like $40 at the car wash one time. Got it home and still had to wash it. It was a pain for sure.

Now that I finally got he creek clear I just run it down the creek before I wash it. Saves a load of time.

P

PIRATESXS

Oct 13, 2014
The 700's had a skid plate recall due to them holding debris, the replacement appeared to be much more open. May check to see if 500's are recalled as well.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll have to ask the Honda dealer when I go pick up some accessories about any recalls. It does have three rows of about 1 1/4" dia holes, plus some large rectangular (louver like) drain holes. It is those holes that some grass or twigs would be sticking out, and reach up with fingers and find some more thick mud.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!