P1000m5 First mods

C

chabra

Nov 14, 2017
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking into the first mods on my 2017 1000-5. As with all things, I have to work with a budget so mods will have to be incremental. I would like to install the highlifter control arms, signature lift kit, and then get wheels. I want to change to an aluminum alloy 14" wheel, probably increasing tire diameter to 28" or 29".

So, with the assumption that the lift kit is somewhat inexpensive, I can do that mod along with either the control arms or the wheel changes, but i can't afford to do both the wheels and the control arms, so which should I first?

Reactions: Windrock1000
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Wheels and tires first.
if you lift it first, it will make the steel wheels and factory tire look funny.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you are beholden it is beautiful.

Reactions: pct
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think CFab makes A-Arms with lift built in. Might be option to check. Also, if you are doing a-arms for bigger tires, you shouldnt need to lift as well for 28-29"... i dont think

C

chabra

Nov 14, 2017
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think CFab makes A-Arms with lift built in. Might be option to check. Also, if you are doing a-arms for bigger tires, you shouldnt need to lift as well for 28-29"... i dont think
I am mainly looking a control arms to get clearance near the tires. Also, I was under the impression that on the stock set-up 28" tires "might" rub depending on the brand and style of tire, and that 29"s would rub, but I'm not sure about that.

J

JTW

This is 28” terrabites on stock deluxe wheels with high lifter lift and Fox shocks= no rubbing and 14 inches of ground clearance

207EF377 493E 4876 AF91 EBDF44FA674A 6D94F270 DAC2 49B8 ADB9 04552C9CEB81

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I am waiting on the super ATV arms. They are the cheapest ones and in my opinion they are the best. They have camber adjustment and are offset forward and reverse. Im running 30s with no lift or arms right now. I have some rubbing on large bumps but not hurting anything. The super ATV arms are on backorder and will be here in January hopefully. If you won't want to run 28-29 I would do one or the other, arms or lift. Both would be unnecessary bind on your axles. And from my experience the stock arms are weak. All 4 of my front ones have been bent, straightend and wedled supports to, just to make it untill the others get here. I don't plan on a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am waiting on the super ATV arms. They are the cheapest ones and in my opinion they are the best. They have camber adjustment and are offset forward and reverse. Im running 30s with no lift or arms right now. I have some rubbing on large bumps but not hurting anything. The super ATV arms are on backorder and will be here in January hopefully. If you won't want to run 28-29 I would do one or the other, arms or lift. Both would be unnecessary bind on your axles. And from my experience the stock arms are weak. All 4 of my front ones have been bent, straightend and wedled supports to, just to make it untill the others get here. I don't plan on a lift.

Hugh? I thought the Super ATV A arms were a lift?

advertisement
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking into the first mods on my 2017 1000-5. As with all things, I have to work with a budget so mods will have to be incremental. I would like to install the highlifter control arms, signature lift kit, and then get wheels. I want to change to an aluminum alloy 14" wheel, probably increasing tire diameter to 28" or 29".

So, with the assumption that the lift kit is somewhat inexpensive, I can do that mod along with either the control arms or the wheel changes, but i can't afford to do both the wheels and the control arms, so which should I first?

If you ride mountainous terrain- Trail Armor would be my first mod.

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good lookin machine right there!
Saw some Super High Lifter A arms at the Honda shop, on some new rigs, looks as a 5 to 6 inch lift and big tires. looks like 14 inch clearance on the sides. They gave me a quote on the LE A arms, that was a joke! I'll see how my latest clutch improvement goes and go from there. They wanted $ 3,300.00 for the Super High Lift A arms, installed. Really? The LE A Arms $ 440.00 installed. Would gain maybe 1 1/2 with the LE A Arms. And have the ugly red A Arms. No thank you!

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw some Super High Lifter A arms at the Honda shop, on some new rigs, looks as a 5 to 6 inch lift and big tires. looks like 14 inch clearance on the sides. They gave me a quote on the LE A arms, that was a joke! I'll see how my latest clutch improvement goes and go from there. They wanted $ 3,300.00 for the Super High Lift A arms, installed. Really? The LE A Arms $ 440.00 installed. Would gain maybe 1 1/2 with the LE A Arms. And have the ugly red A Arms. No thank you!

LE arms give you a lift?????

C

chabra

Nov 14, 2017
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's

what I was thinking...do the arms...seems like the stock arms really limit the ground clearance and would be very likely get bend by coming down on a rock.

J

JTW

Looks really good. So are the tires 11" wide in the back and 9" wide in the front..or 10" all around? Also, do you know what the offset on those wheels are?
10’s on all 4.. I don’t know what the offset is.. they’re stock deluxe wheels, so I’m sure someone will chime in. I went the cheapest route up as I didn’t plan on adding anything bigger than a 28” tire. I will probably add some spacers eventually but if you’re buying wheels, then get your width there.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!