First Oil Change

N

NorthernCX

Jul 5, 2014
My new 700-4 is nearing the 150-km oil change mark, and I can't find any ATV or motorcycle oil in town except for some 10W-40 stuff. We're supposed to be going on a day trip on Monday with it, and that will definitely put it over the mark. There's AMSOIL stuff available in town, but none of it is 'non-energy conserving'.

I'm thinking I'd be OK to wait on the oil change till after the trip, but what about the 10W-40 stuff? Honda shows nothing heavier than 30-weight, and I live in a remote mountain town that has temperature swings from -40 to 30C. Sometimes a 25-degree swing in a 2-hour period.

Advice?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
How many miles do you expect your trip to be? Less then 50km. Then I would say you would be fine to wait. But just dont push it super hard on your ride.

I usually stick to Honda oil so I cant say on the oils but there's a few members who use Amsoil, I'm sure they will be on shortly.

Here's a few topics to look over. http://www.google.com/cse?q=Amsoil&cx=p ... gsc.page=1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!