Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Limp mode and engine light flashing 8fast 1short. Dammit. Anyone know the codes. Tried to reset ecm code come back never mind act fuse was blown but very close to the edge. Took me a sec all good

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Limp mode and engine light flashing 8fast 1short. Dammit. Anyone know the codes. Tried to reset ecm code come back never mind act fuse was blown but very close to the edge. Took me a sec all good

Please let me know more.

You had a blown fuse that caused the CEL?

Which fuse?

What caused the fuse to blow?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
8-1 =
TP Sensor circuit Low voltage (less than 0.298V)
- TP sensor or its circuit malfunction
- Loose our poor contact of the TP sensor connector

- More info.. Standby

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes. Darn I feel like an idiot! Scared the crap out of me. It was a 10a fuse and on the cover story acted 15 that's how I found it. We checked fuses and they all looked good. Took battery tester to tops of fuses because sometimes they still look good and that was the case. Freaked me out a little because of all the wiring but everything is ran separate. So I had to go back for a sec.i guess moral of the story is check the small stuff twice and not freak out. Honestly I lost it!! It automatically goes into 1 manual no auto won't come out of that and only allows 3000rpm and ran like crap. Put 90 miles down today after with no problems with that anyways. Got caught up in some snow stuck as hell tried winching of another Honda (dirtbike) didn't work so well. A couple of Yamaha quads started to come up then left I was kinda upset but they went home grabbed bigger stuff and came back with a little assistance. Love people out there everyone is so helpful compared to Spokane. God I love this winch it was sideways still pulling. Pulled over a 20 foot tree. Finally got out. Kept going till there was a no more. First time ever turning around

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bet it was the main power fuse, the same one that had stripped threads on mine.
No accessory fuse in the box. Crazy!!! Who would check it. We did but it looked ok at a glance. Replaced it went back to automatic ran good everything!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Please let me know more.

You had a blown fuse that caused the CEL?

Which fuse?

What caused the fuse to blow?
Joe I have no idea what made it go. Confused. It was the 15amp in the box. It had a 10 in it too not sure why I never replaced it. Weird as hell.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
8-1 =
TP Sensor circuit Low voltage (less than 0.298V)
- TP sensor or its circuit malfunction
- Loose our poor contact of the TP sensor connector

- More info.. Standby
Thanks for the speedy response @Hondasxs ! Sorry I didn't get back on quicker once we got power restored we took back off(had to cool my head ALOT!) then get back and pick up and leave for home. Everything seems good now but...Throttle poss. Must need the accessory to function. Doesn't sound right. I don't get it! I even pulled batt cable off for 15min same thing didn't reset. More I'm thinking about it now do I still have a problem possibly???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
? The acc fuse should not be required to run the machine. Ya. IDK. Might should test that out. I will test mine on Thursday and see what happens if you remove the fuse.

Ya, I am thinking of buying backup for the main fuses and keeping it on my rig. You will NOT find one like that anywhere in a local town. You really need 2 or 3 as commonly we just install without testing and blow that one too. Haha. Been there, done that.

Oh.... Ya I'm sure that dirt bike helped. Hahahah..

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess I could have pulled it back out to test but was just excited to get back under way. GRRRRR.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 14915 View attachment 14918 View attachment 14917 View attachment 14916 Yes. Darn I feel like an idiot! Scared the crap out of me. It was a 10a fuse and on the cover story acted 15 that's how I found it. We checked fuses and they all looked good. Took battery tester to tops of fuses because sometimes they still look good and that was the case. Freaked me out a little because of all the wiring but everything is ran separate. So I had to go back for a sec.i guess moral of the story is check the small stuff twice and not freak out. Honestly I lost it!! It automatically goes into 1 manual no auto won't come out of that and only allows 3000rpm and ran like crap. Put 90 miles down today after with no problems with that anyways. Got caught up in some snow stuck as hell tried winching of another Honda (dirtbike) didn't work so well. A couple of Yamaha quads started to come up then left I was kinda upset but they went home grabbed bigger stuff and came back with a little assistance. Love people out there everyone is so helpful compared to Spokane. God I love this winch it was sideways still pulling. Pulled over a 20 foot tree. Finally got out. Kept going till there was a no more. First time ever turning around
WOW! That scenery is spectacular! I'm sure you had a great time! Love the fact that you used the dirtbike! I would have done the same;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
WOW! That scenery is spectacular! I'm sure you had a great time! Love the fact that you used the dirtbike! I would have done the same;)
Give her hell and get it done. Or in this case try to! Pissed me off my kids made it on the bikes and I got stuck. wtf? The kids were on two wheels before two feet. We love the bikes it'll take me another 15years till I give up that rush. Little better power/weight ratio then 4wheels!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This was my problem sounds very similar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!