P500 First round of mods complete, planning phase 2.. come on in!

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So when it comes to adding on more accessories that require power (winch, lights, etc) what’s the best way to get to a power source? I already have my speaker system ran directly to the battery so I doubt I’d wanna keep running everything directly there.

I’m looking to add a winch, light bar on front, and 2 smaller light pods on the back as reverse lights. Is there some sort of busbar that can be installed under the hood or somewhere to run several things to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Auxiliary fuse panel.
Run a large gauge wire between panel and battery. Done.

Reactions: Twangin
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Auxiliary fuse panel.
Run a large gauge wire between panel and battery. Done.

Anyone have a link to an example of a panel I should be looking for, or pics of someone’s setup? Doing a little research and reading about using relays vs not using them and it’s getting a little confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
All of my led's came with a relay and an inline fuse, stereo components are fused throughout too, didn't see the need to add more. Added a circuit breaker and fat bus bar, have another bus for ground. All accessories run through them.

Circuit breaker Bus Bar

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 3,500 lb Super Winch with the synthetic line. I've winched my '17 P5 alot and the 3,500 is totally adequate. A snatch block will double your winch capacity for that once in a lifetime pull.

WRT led backup lights, I had originally mounted the cubes on the roll cage but they ended up covered by the back windscreen. I repositioned them to the roof yesterday.

20180514 122452
20180514 135152

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I ran a 6 gage wire from battery to a blue sea bus bar under hood. put a circuit breaker on the supply side then wired winch and lights from bus bar. All led's came with relay and fuse. Make a clean setup and i have room on the bus bar for more accessories.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!