FIXED-Squeaky-chirping exhaust

J

Jedarious

Oct 17, 2021
Central WV
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2021 Pioneer exhaust had a very annoying squeaky/chirp that finally drove me to get serious about finding and fixing. I had previously tightened all the hose clamp fasteners that hold the heat guards in place but that didn’t do the job. Turns out that one of the pipe clamps was the problem. The clamp circled in pic was the culprit. I simply loosened the two 12mm bolts and retighten. No more squeak.

3D70F3FE EC5A 4486 9355 5E4EABC7E633

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2021 Pioneer exhaust had a very annoying squeaky/chirp that finally drove me to get serious about finding and fixing. I had previously tightened all the hose clamp fasteners that hold the heat guards in place but that didn’t do the job. Turns out that one of the pipe clamps was the problem. The clamp circled in pic was the culprit. I simply loosened the two 12mm bolts and retighten. No more squeak.

View attachment 341356
This is common and I hope it works for you, but it's not unusual for it to come back eventually. When that happens, try an automotive clamp in the area. That fixed mine, and it's been going strong for...maybe 2000 miles now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!