P1000 Flat faced lug nuts...where'd they go?

FzyMtnMan

FzyMtnMan

Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2018
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fresh from the shipping office.......12" Delta Steel 4/137 12mm wheels holding up some meaty 27" Evo's.... got myself all kinds of amped up to mount them on this rig, got all decked out in my crummies, jacked the front of that red machine up, zipped them oem lug nuts off, loaded a new wheel on and....what the heck! I need flat faced lug nuts! Well OK, get on the ol' internet, start searching......24 hours later.....still searching.
So what say you wizards of wheels, can you point me in the right direction? Heck if you can land me on the X, I'll tell every person that I meet what a nice guy you are.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It didn’t sink in the first time I dug this up, But :
The Honda Pioneer 1000- does not use hub centric wheels. The radius on the lugs are what mounts the wheel in a concentric fashion.
How do flat faced lug nuts accomplish this?

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It didn’t sink in the first time I dug this up, But :
The Honda Pioneer 1000- does not use hub centric wheels. The radius on the lugs are what mounts the wheel in a concentric fashion.
How do flat faced lug nuts accomplish this?
Typically a flat faced lugnut drives the center of the wheel over the hub and the hub lines up the wheel. On most atvs it is a very fine lip/line on the outside portion of the hub.

Under the lugnut stud you can see the lip area where the atv wheel would sit and center itself.

Atv front brake caliper rotor

You can see how the steel wheel would sit on the lip of the hub Screenshot 2022 11 03 06 32 20 50 680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7

Lastly I just learned while searching for pictures there are dually atv kits. S l400

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Typically a flat faced lugnut drives the center of the wheel over the hub and the hub lines up the wheel. On most atvs it is a very fine lip/line on the outside portion of the hub.

Under the lugnut stud you can see the lip area where the atv wheel would sit and center itself.

View attachment 361320

You can see how the steel wheel would sit on the lip of the hub

Lastly I just learned while searching for pictures there are dually atv ki
That hub does not look the same as a Pioneer 1000 . I did not see any centering ring that engages the alum. wheels that came on it

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

View attachment 361320

You can see how the steel wheel would sit on the lip of the hub View attachment 361321

Lastly I just learned while searching for pictures there are dually atv kits. View attachment 361322

That wheels has tapered lug holes and nuts.

The wheels he is referring to are flat and use flat nuts. Basically they won't work on a Pioneer without them being off centered or out of round.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!