Flip-down/flip-up windshields for the Talon

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm thinking that I'd prefer a windshield that is split in half and flips up or down, rather than a full windshield or half shield, thereby affording the option of allowing airflow while providing some protection from the elements when needed. I found the following at SuperATV.com, which flips up.

Honda Talon 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

It pretty much fits the bill, however I think I'd like it to flip down rather than up. Am I overthinking this to believe that a half windshield extending out from the top might be prone to catching on tree limbs, etc.? Have any of you used this particular windshield or one styled like it? I'd appreciate any comments pro or con.

Steve

W

WireNut

Dec 15, 2015
Eaton Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking that I'd prefer a windshield that is split in half and flips up or down, rather than a full windshield or half shield, thereby affording the option of allowing airflow while providing some protection from the elements when needed. I found the following at SuperATV.com, which flips up.

Honda Talon 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

It pretty much fits the bill, however I think I'd like it to flip down rather than up. Am I overthinking this to believe that a half windshield extending out from the top might be prone to catching on tree limbs, etc.? Have any of you used this particular windshield or one styled like it? I'd appreciate any comments pro or con.

Steve
I have one on its way I’ll try to get it installed this weekend I’ll try to keep you posted

Reactions: stellarpod
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I have the Super ATV flip up. This is my 3rd one, had one on my 700 still have one on my 1000LE and was a no brainers for the Talon. The one on my 1000LE has at least 4000 trailer miles and 1300 trail miles on it. Not one complaint! 20190419 132442 20181222 163945

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Reactions: Tramguage1
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I pulled the trigger and ordered one yesterday (5/16/19). Supposed to be here on the 21st.

Steve

Reactions: Tramguage1
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the SATV flip-out on my Talon and also had one on my RZR S 900 and RZR XP1K. They're great in terms of functionality and convenience. Pricing, when comparing to OEM windshields, is also attractive since they're cheaper than OEM windshields and have more features.

My ONLY complaint on my Talon flip-out is that the lower was designed to be too high up where it meets the upper part of the windshield. It creates an obstruction in my line of sight (I'm 6'2") when I try to look at the end of my hood on the front end. My girlfriend is 5'1" and she says it's like looking through bifocals since it's directly in her line of sight.

I wish they would've made the two pieces mate up about 2" lower and it'd be flawless in my opinion. I've added a photo below of the area I'm referring to:

Talon Flip Out Windshield Complaint

Reactions: stellarpod
D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree with that entirely. I have been putting off getting one just because of that. I also don't want the bottom section that high because in AZ I need airflow all the way down as much as possible for the heat.

Reactions: jasond
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the SATV flip-out on my Talon and also had one on my RZR S 900 and RZR XP1K. They're great in terms of functionality and convenience. Pricing, when comparing to OEM windshields, is also attractive since they're cheaper than OEM windshields and have more features.

My ONLY complaint on my Talon flip-out is that the lower was designed to be too high up where it meets the upper part of the windshield. It creates an obstruction in my line of sight (I'm 6'2") when I try to look at the end of my hood on the front end. My girlfriend is 5'1" and she says it's like looking through bifocals since it's directly in her line of sight.

I wish they would've made the two pieces mate up about 2" lower and it'd be flawless in my opinion. I've added a photo below of the area I'm referring to:

View attachment 129705

Well, I'm on the hook now, whether we love it or hate it. Supposed to be here Tuesday. I'm 6'4", so may have marginally better visibility, but your report is a bit concerning nonetheless. My wife is 5'4", so we'll just have to see what her reaction is. I anticipate running it mostly in the flipped-up position, as we have pretty warm/humid weather here in Oklahoma in the summertime.

Steve

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
0898AE10 F235 4811 845F 877F9F57D428
Can I get one of you guys to test this for me ?

Reactions: popeye
advertisement
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you weighed that compared to the original? I’m curious how it will handle the extra weight.

I’m looking at if I need to provide a heavier spring . That’s why I’m looking for some testers .

It’s a little heavier but not enough to determine whether or not you get stuck LOL.

Reactions: Landman
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Won’t be ready to go into the mail till Monday

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your bracket looks like this I believe it will work . Need a Talon guy to make sure .

5BC21AE2 D1F1 4EA1 81B6 BA28B4D52752

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m interested. Sent you a PM.

Hey Jason, thanks for your interest. I'm going to try and find someone a little further south. Preferably Arizona.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sent ya a message, I’ll give it a whirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2labkru

Sep 19, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 129705
Any chance you could give me the measurement from the body up for where the line that the top and bottom come together. I want to see where the line falls to see if it will be in my line of sight. I'm not nearly as tall as you.. LOL

advertisement