P500 Fogged up windshield?

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I'm curious to know if anyone else suffers from a fogged up windshield in the P500/P520...and, if they have any solutions to remedy the issue. I have the Honda Hard Coat windshield if that matters. I'm guessing it's caused from temperature variations but, I'm a little surprised it happens since both sides are exposed to the same environments.

Mike

advertisement
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I'm curious to know if anyone else suffers from a fogged up windshield in the P500/P520...and, if they have any solutions to remedy the issue. I have the Honda Hard Coat windshield if that matters. I'm guessing it's caused from temperature variations but, I'm a little surprised it happens since both sides are exposed to the same environments.

Mike
It just does that in the right weather conditions. Totally normal.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
PXL 20230102 222204302

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

Mike
Clean the windshield very well…Dry or let dry then apply Joy dish soap lightly and wipe with dry cloth. Works as well or better than any fog sprays I’ve tried. Hope it helps you also!

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Cat Crap for ski goggles works well. i also put a 12V defroster on mine and that helps as with full cab enclosure it will fog up. I now have a diesel air heater that blows on windshield and that has worked the best. I still always have a towel handy.

K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
I carry a shower squeegee on my dash along with a squirt bottle with a dab of dish soap. Spray the window and squeegee it. The water/ soap is to prevent scratches if you have dirt on it. Not full proof but works. I had to do exterior and interior several times this past weekend as the weather pattern was all over the map and very foggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
^^^^
So far this month, whenever my P520 leaves its shed, the windshield immediately fogs up on both sides. It's pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be putting plenty of the suggestions to the test very soon!

Mike

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!