WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's everyone's thoughts about a 2012 Work and Play. 30' with a 10'2" garage. We are looking at one tomorrow. I know the garage is tight but I think it will work. My Pioneer is 10' even from back mudbuster to the winch hook. I can move winch hook to get a couple extra inches of clearance.
Resized Screenshot 20220730 182110 Facebook
Resized Screenshot 20220730 182106 Facebook

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What's everyone's thoughts about a 2012 Work and Play. 30' with a 10'2" garage. We are looking at one tomorrow. I know the garage is tight but I think it will work. My Pioneer is 10' even from back mudbuster to the winch hook. I can move winch hook to get a couple extra inches of clearance.
View attachment 346412View attachment 346413

Looks pretty nice WT! Onboard genny and all that too?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d take that over the big fiver TH I traded off this spring.

Only downside is that your likely very limited on how far off the road you could go with that.

pretty low to the ground and long….might bottom out in the front or rear a lot.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d take that over the big fiver TH I traded off this spring.

Only downside is that your likely very limited on how far off the road you could go with that.

pretty low to the ground and long….might bottom out in the front or rear a lot.
Yea good point on the ground clearance. That brings up the question... what's the biggest tires I can run on it? 🤣

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have never owned a camper before. I've read through some of the threads on here about toy haulers. Any and all opinions are welcomed. Thanks for the input so far

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Koda has had one like the one your looking at for a long time and still has it. No issues getting the p1 in there. There good just above basic RV’s there solid. Its Basically an inclosed trailer with emanates in it. If I were you, I would take my P1 with me to make sure it fits the way u want it. At minimum take very good measurements of the rig with you. Take a good look at the inside 4 corners up and down and in the bathroom ,floors , behind cabinets Etc for soft spots. If u see any, walk away. Have them hook the water and check for leaks, same deal. Make sure all the electrical works in side and out as well. Look at the build date of the tires. If there more than 3 yrs old you will need to replace them. Keep that in mind in your offer as well. Looks like a nice RV. just use those tips to make your decision.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Koda has had one like the one your looking at for a long time and still has it. No issues getting the p1 in there. There good just above basic RV’s there solid. Its Basically an inclosed trailer with emanates in it. If I were you, I would take my P1 with me to make sure it fits the way u want it. At minimum take very good measurements of the rig with you. Take a good look at the inside 4 corners up and down and in the bathroom ,floors , behind cabinets Etc for soft spots. If u see any, walk away. Have them hook the water and check for leaks, same deal. Make sure all the electrical works in side and out as well. Look at the build date of the tires. If there more than 3 yrs old you will need to replace them. Keep that in mind in your offer as well. Looks like a nice RV. just use those tips to make your decision.
Yea we don't need fancy. Just above basic is good for us. The seller said he will have everything hooked up so we can see everything working. Tires are supposed to be new. Also new ac and thermostat. Thanks for the tips.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea we don't need fancy. Just above basic is good for us. The seller said he will have everything hooked up so we can see everything working. Tires are supposed to be new. Also new ac and thermostat. Thanks for the tips.
No prob.
Still check those tires. You can google how to check the dates. If i explain to you, you might Get all fubared. You dont know him from adams to apples so Id check them to be safe. Im an HVAC guy, Id want to see the paperwork for the AC as well, just to be sure. Would hate that he put a new stat on and BS‘d you and just added refrigerant cuz he has a leek. Just my .02
Also ask why he had to put a new AC in. If he says the compressor locked up or had non fixable ref leak, thats a good answer.
Buying Used RV’s can be cut throat deal. I bought a few and got burned on one years ago. Now I buy only new. Used can be a great deal, just have your ducks in a row when your looking.

Last edited:
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 346412View attachment 346413
Looks nice, I agree with everything @Remington said plus…
When you first open the door, take a big whiff, if it smells musty it’s probably been leaking. Next step go to the toilet and step on the gas pedal and take a big whiff, if it smells like a porta potty that hasn’t be emptied in a while, the holding tank hasn’t been taken care of properly. Bring a ladder to check out the roof, if it’s a rubber roof check for patching or rips ect. Most RV manufacturers warranty the roof for 12 years and this one is at 10, so look it over real good. Good luck.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
The story on the ac is they thought the ac unit was bad so they replaced it. Ended up just being the thermostat that was the problem.
for sure check the date on tires, I used a friends trailer which had brand new tires on it to haul my sxs. got 80 miles down the road and the tread came off. the tires were 4 years old by date when installed as new

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks nice, I agree with everything @Remington said plus…
When you first open the door, take a big whiff, if it smells musty it’s probably been leaking. Next step go to the toilet and step on the gas pedal and take a big whiff, if it smells like a porta potty that hasn’t be emptied in a while, the holding tank hasn’t been taken care of properly. Bring a ladder to check out the roof, if it’s a rubber roof check for patching or rips ect. Most RV manufacturers warranty the roof for 12 years and this one is at 10, so look it over real good. Good luck.
It was late last night and i forgot to add this. All great points

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The story on the ac is they thought the ac unit was bad so they replaced it. Ended up just being the thermostat that was the problem.
There fools! never hear folks changing the ac and end up being a stat! 99 of 100 they do the opposite. That was one expensive F up! Hope they kept the old one that was still good for a spare? Ask and if they did, ask for them to thow it in!
Id still ask for the paperwork .

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There fools! never hear folks changing the ac and end up being a stat! 99 of 100 they do the opposite. That was one expensive F up! Hope they kept the old one that was still good for a spare? Ask and if they did, ask for them to thow it in!
Id still ask for the paperwork .
Yea I was defintely gonna ask those questions

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
for sure check the date on tires, I used a friends trailer which had brand new tires on it to haul my sxs. got 80 miles down the road and the tread came off. the tires were 4 years old by date when installed as new
Yea that's a good idea for any trailer. I'm having trouble at work with made in China tires. Seems like the tread comes off on all of them. Trying to avoid those

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
made in China tires
Yup, those suck monkey pox!
I switched to Carlise there made in the USofA and have been Awesome 3yrs on the TH and my tandem. Getting ready for a proactive change soon. but will get those again. @Tramguage1 just got them as well. If u need some, PM me and Ill give u some inside info for the best price. Dont want to blow it up publicly and then we wont have it any longer lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!