WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So we've had the camper for a few weeks now. Haven't used it yet but been getting it set up and stocked with the all the items we will need. I think it hurts my wallet more than the pioneer but we're ready to take it somewhere now. I found this handle in one of the cabinets. I have no clue what it might be for but thought maybe one of y'all would know

20220821 172843

20220821 172856
20220821 172904
20220821 172908

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking about strapping the pioneer down like this. One strap on each tire. Any reason not to do it this way? I see cars tied down like this all the time.
20220808 161206

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm thinking about strapping the pioneer down like this. One strap on each tire. Any reason not to do it this way? I see cars tied down like this all the time.
View attachment 349893
That will work but usually the tie downs points that come with TH’s are not the best points and your straps WILL losen at some point during the trip Plus u want it tied down so if u sudden stop she aint gonna give in any way. Id recommend in the close future some Etrac and there tire straps. you will be much more secure and a worry free trip.

BTW your TH is looking good. I bet your enjoying it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So we've had the camper for a few weeks now. Haven't used it yet but been getting it set up and stocked with the all the items we will need. I think it hurts my wallet more than the pioneer but we're ready to take it somewhere now. I found this handle in one of the cabinets. I have no clue what it might be for but thought maybe one of y'all would know

View attachment 349892
View attachment 349889View attachment 349890View attachment 349891
If u have a slide out. Its the manual crank if the motor goes out or your battery dies. If u have scissor jacks, it for manually cranking them down. But the end doesn't look quite like the ones ive seen tho

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't think of that.. I'll take a look.
Most electric jacks have a Manuel feature also in case the motor fails. Normally have to pull a cap or plug to access it
Could be for the slide. I guess it would be at the bottom somewhere? It's defintely not for the scissor jacks. I have another one I found for those. Thanks y'all
If u have a slide out. Its the manual crank if the motor goes out or your battery dies. If u have scissor jacks, it for manually cranking them down. But the end doesn't look quite like the ones ive seen tho

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That will work but usually the tie downs points that come with TH’s are not the best points and your straps WILL losen at some point during the trip Plus u want it tied down so if u sudden stop she aint gonna give in any way. Id recommend in the close future some Etrac and there tire straps. you will be much more secure and a worry free trip.

BTW your TH is looking good. I bet your enjoying it.
I agree about the e track. We was gonna try to get by without it first. Didn't want to put anymore holes in the floor just yet if we don't have to. Don't want to end up with a broken glass door though. I might make some type of wheel chocks out of wood for the back tires. Maybe go the entire width of the garage and they could kind of wedge in between the back tires and the couch frames. Just drive over it with the front tires

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree about the e track. We was gonna try to get by without it first. Didn't want to put anymore holes in the floor just yet if we don't have to. Don't want to end up with a broken glass door though. I might make some type of wheel chocks out of wood for the back tires. Maybe go the entire width of the garage and they could kind of wedge in between the back tires and the couch frames. Just drive over it with the front tires
Wouldnt doing all that put holes in the floor anyway to secure the wood? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wouldnt doing all that put holes in the floor anyway to secure the wood? Or am I missing something?
Wouldn't fasten it to the floor. Make it go wall to wall out of 2x4 or 2x6. Push up against the couch frame where I have circled. It should prevent the pioneer from moving forward. Wouldn't help with moving backward. But I'm more worried about the glass door to the front getting busted
Resized Screenshot 20220730 182106 Facebook

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV

View attachment 349892
View attachment 349889View attachment 349890View attachment 349891I think that’s for the spare tire

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wouldn't fasten it to the floor. Make it go wall to wall out of 2x4 or 2x6. Push up against the couch frame where I have circled. It should prevent the pioneer from moving forward. Wouldn't help with moving backward. But I'm more worried about the glass door to the front getting busted
View attachment 349932
Not a bad Idea. But having a few TH‘s in the past, those areas are not braced very well at all. In fact there usually just “screwed“ to the OSB floor. It may look like it will help keep your rig from going into your glass, but the fact is that the rigs force will snap those couch frames like a toothpick. Seen it happen in a friends TH.
Not used the same as your thinking but used those for a bracing. Kinda of the same way lol.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a bad Idea. But having a few TH‘s in the past, those areas are not braced very well at all. In fact there usually just “screwed“ to the OSB floor. It may look like it will help keep your rig from going into your glass, but the fact is that the rigs force will snap those couch frames like a toothpick. Seen it happen in a friends TH.
Not used the same as tour thinking but used those for a bracing. Kinda of the same way lol.
Yea I figured they would be screwed to the floor not bolted. I'm just trying to cheap out right now. The wallet done got thin. 🤣 I need to see how the tie down points are fastened also.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea I figured they would be screwed to the floor not bolted. I'm just trying to cheap out right now. The wallet done got thin. 🤣 I need to see how the tie down points are fastened also.
No, I understand! been there done that. Etrac for that should be no more than $300 right now. Cheep insurance. Something to think about. RV’s aint cheep. They nickel and dime u like crazy at times.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Spare tire. Forgot to hit reply to @Smittyp post
I didnt see that he posted anything, he just replied to your post with no words 🤣

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!