P1000 Frame Crack

B

Big-C

Dec 29, 2020
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well well well. Guess I’m making some calls Monday. Thank you thank you! Not sure why the dealer is trying to swap the whole frame? Or why Honda is gonna pay them to do more work than needed to fix the machine??? I’ll let you guys know what I find out. Thx again this is a great community.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Honda is ass-backward sometimes. This will be fully a dealer decision. Your pressure on them to not have the majority of the unit disassembled will play a big factor.
Honda would rather replace a full wire harness than re-crimp 1 busted connector.

Trail_Rider

Trail_Rider

Dec 14, 2020
Powderly, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No update yet. I'm deployed so my wife is going to have to keep checking in with them. Good thing with me being gone, is they've got the time to fix it (hopefully) without me needing it at least.
1st and always, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! It looks like Honda is having a quality issue. I hope they listen and take steps to stop this and repair or replace the faulty frames. I will be checking mine over closely! Thanks and please update us on what happens!!!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Am I correct that Honda addressed the front A arm tearing problem ? If so we all owe a bit of gratitude to you guys on here "Pioneering" a better machine moving forward....Thanks

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I correct that Honda addressed the front A arm tearing problem ? If so we all owe a bit of gratitude to you guys on here "Pioneering" a better machine moving forward....Thanks
For 2022, Honda changed the front frame and a-arms. The upper a-arms now have 2 bolts rather than 1. This should stiffen up this joint but I still would have preferred a gusset from the forward most a-arm tab into the frame along the bumper. It's likely Hondas fix will be good enough for most people. With the tabs as thin as they are, in a hard impact we may still see the front bolt tear out of the frame but I think the chances of the tab tearing off the frame are greatly reduced

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I'm not mistaken, the 22s use 2 shorter bolts for upper fronts instead of the one longer bolt. I was planning on doing that to mine whenever I had time to build my own arms.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Curious if anyone has tried the TTC frame kit?

Pioneer 1000 Front Lower Weld In Gusset Kit | Texas Tough Customs

any chance anyone makes an upper frame version of this? (maybe i missed it)
I bet thier weld-in gusset kit works wonders, but they sure could use a proofreader for thier web site descriptions ... :D

Screenshot 20230910 084449 Gallery

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!