P500 Frame flexing

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everybody I’ve been experiencing something with my 500 wonder if anybody else has.... ok so if I get into some real un Evan terrain such as ruts when I really get the suspension articulating it seems as if I can feel my frame flexing it does it worst when I’m framed out and use my winch to pull it out I can actually feel the steering wheel move further away from my body as if my frame is bending/flexing... the only noise I can hear when it does it is on the top where it is clamped to the roll bars so I think that means it is giving a little to let the frame flex... has anyone experienced this happening??? Also it’s been doing it for a while not sure if it has always done it or just now noticing it or what.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah...i think they flex quite a bit.
Notice it on the 500 and esp the 700 with the roof creaking any time you cross it up. The main frame beams on these are (to me) shockingly flimsy if you start drilling on them. And i wonder if the whole 2-piece frame deal doesn't compromise it a bit for production ease. It's really dependant on the whole structure to give it rigidity, so check the ROPS and frame bolts to make sure they are tight, otherwise i don't think I'd lose sleep over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yota87
Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah...i think they flex quite a bit.
Notice it on the 500 and esp the 700 with the roof creaking any time you cross it up. The main frame beams on these are (to me) shockingly flimsy if you start drilling on them. And i wonder if the whole 2-piece frame deal doesn't compromise it a bit for production ease. It's really dependant on the whole structure to give it rigidity, so check the ROPS and frame bolts to make sure they are tight, an otherwise i don't think I'd lose sleep over it.

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Ok I feel better about it now that I know I’m not the only who seems to have experience that... have you ever noticed it when you use the winch? Like when you got it in a good bind?

Reactions: Chooglin
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Ok I feel better about it now that I know I’m not the only who seems to have experience that... have you ever noticed it when you use the winch? Like when you got it in a good bind?

Check all your cage mounting bolts/nuts. The ones between/behind the seats actually unbolted themselves and I had a rattle. The bolts were sitting in the assembly right below it (shelf area) and the bolts were still in the mounting location being held in place by the assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Check all your cage mounting bolts/nuts. The ones between/behind the seats actually unbolted themselves and I had a rattle. The bolts were sitting in the assembly right below it (shelf area) and the bolts were still in the mounting location being held in place by the assembly.

Thanks I’ll check it out

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

The same bolts came loose on mine , they fell off and I needed to get new ones !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!