P1000 Front Bumper Options

J

JTW

Is this the bracket you are referring too? The mount the top of the bumper to the stock to mounting point?View attachment 196780

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes.. if you’ll ad just a little square to the top. It will add a lot of strength to those tabs.
687BF4BA 5896 4858 928E 20D77EAFEE17

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback. I was a little concerned that they didn't guesset that tab. I am also a little concerned about the upper frame to bumper mount. Over all I love the TC bumper with the protection and winch position. I mounted a Warn Axon S55 to it so I know I am putting a lot of load into the bumper.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, it's hard to figure that picture out but once I get it I'm sure it'll make sense

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, it's hard to figure that picture out but once I get it I'm sure it'll make sense
It will. The bottom of the bumper mounts directly to the bottom bolt location. The upper mount point has a metal bracket the mount on the left and right side that comes out and bolts to the bumper at the metal bracket in the picture. It is basically a ~1/4 plate the was welded to the main bumper sticking out. JYW recommends putting a another piece of metal to triangle it back to the bumper so the tab is not in bending. I took a rough picture looking straight down and you can see one is already slightly bent. (Tab is on the right and the bracket that mounts to frame is on the left)5233ec45d4326d927ecebdb468502afe

Reactions: JTW
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Don't know if these have been mentioned... I like the looks even though a little expensive.

Reactions: Formula1
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do like those? I wonder if the one in the picture is considered the Bumper base? I haven't ordered one yet. Haven't found one I have liked enough for the money. I canceled my TC order and Almost pulled the trigger on the Warn but decided to wait.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At this point I may just keep my stock bumper and look for a bumper from an LE. I am getting some D-ring mounts powder coated right now to mount to the factory bumper next to the fairlead Mount. I still hate having to mount the winch 180 degrees off but at this point everything requires a compromise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!