P1000 Front end question.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Howdy all. Long time. Ok I’ve spent hrs searching and reading about forward a arms . My machine now has 20k on it with 814’s and a 2” bracket lift. Other than brakes and a new rear axle, ( my fault for not replacing the boot immediately) stock machine. Ive been running truck tires which measure a true 30 so I bought 31-10-14 terrabites thinking they would be 30. So I would have a true spare. Of course not. 30.5” at 13 psi. Which made a difference and rub. I’m Gonna head to Arkansas later this year and am looking for opinions. I’m gonna go thru the front end and add arms while doing so. My question for the experienced fellas on here is should I get arched forward 1.5 both ways and loose the lift or keep the lift and just run forward offset? Looking at satv. Thanks

Reactions: Rayger143 and TxDoc
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have SATV atlas pro A Arms (front and rear) and 30” tires on 5+2 rims with spacers 1” front, 1.5” rear. I still rub slightly at full lock in the front without the steering stop installed. The rear also bottom out on big bumps.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My question for the experienced fellas on here is should I get arched forward 1.5 both ways and loose the lift or keep the lift and just run forward offset? Looking at satv. Thanks
Yes yes and yes.
Loos that bracket lift asap, do the stuff u asked about and you will say…
“Why didnt I do this sooner?”
I did the same some yrs ago

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
31s, Superatv arms, Elkas and rhino 2.0 axles

PXL 20240328 170746035

Reactions: EMAW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So 1.5 and 1.5 and loose the lift ? Will I need new axles or will stock work with the forward?
If you run 28s and no lift and take it easy you can run stock axles with steering stops. If you're looking at any shock with a lift or more droop you'll want axles like rhino 2.0s

Reactions: EMAW and Remington
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you run 28s and no lift and take it easy you can run stock axles with steering stops. If you're looking at any shock with a lift or more droop you'll want axles like rhino 2.0s
I ran the 31’s by tightening the spring to clear but had a little rub. I’m thinking 1.5 forward plus 1.5 up should be better clearance thane the 2” lift. Am I thinking correct?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ran the 31’s by tightening the spring to clear but had a little rub. I’m thinking 1.5 forward plus 1.5 up should be better clearance thane the 2” lift. Am I thinking correct?
With stock axles.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So 1.5 and 1.5 and loose the lift ? Will I need new axles or will stock work with the forward?
You will not need the bigger axels if u loose the lift with arms. If u keep the Suspension geometry bracket lift messer upper with new arms then yes you will need longer axels.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You will not need the bigger axels if u loose the lift with arms. If u keep the Suspension geometry bracket lift messer upper with new arms then yes you will need longer axels.
Ok. Thanks. Got wife convinced front end needs rebuilt since we’ve done nothing. I did order the tires figuring they would measure out at 30 since the 30’s measure out at 29. Who would have thought a 1/2” would have caused that much of an issue. Lol

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Get the arms first, remove the lift, put your wheels back on and adjust your shock preload to your liking. Not all shocks or tires are the same in many way ways. You have to make adjustments that work for you. Make a starting point and adjust from there. If I tell you how mine id set up and you do it that way, you prob wont be happy

Reactions: trigger
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok. Thanks. Got wife convinced front end needs rebuilt since we’ve done nothing. I did order the tires figuring they would measure out at 30 since the 30’s measure out at 29. Who would have thought a 1/2” would have caused that much of an issue. Lol
And Remington I wanted to do this sooner but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it is what I’m fighting against.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Get the arms first, remove the lift, put your wheels back on and adjust your shock preload to your liking. Not all shocks or tires are the same in many way ways. You have to make adjustments that work for you. Make a starting point and adjust from there. If I tell you how mine id set up and you do it that way, you prob wont be happy
Thanks. I could not find this info on the search. This is why I love this page. I don’t do much other than read and learn. Kinda a silent type anymore.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks. I could not find this info on the search. This is why I love this page. I don’t do much other than read and learn. Kinda a silent type anymore.
Hoping I can work rears in also but little at a time. Lol

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No prob
Surprised you couldn't find it in the search. Its a hot topic thats been covered quite a bit. I know Ive explained it countless times in thread titles asking. Sometimes people word there thread with not the exact verbage so u have to get creative in your words you type to find them.
But at least you tired, cant fault you for that.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'll find tires, wheels and shocks all have a huge impact on tire rub and ride. I added about 1.5" of ride height to clear 31s vs 30s. With my Elkas the ride is similar but I dropped my tire pressure about 4psi with the 31s.. The balance is always load rating and tire pressure with new tires and ride quality vs ride height with shocks. I like how I absorb bumps now but I wish my machine was wider for stability. Adding shock preload will lift the machine and reduce track width. The narrow width throws a lot less mud on the windshield.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You'll find tires, wheels and shocks all have a huge impact on tire rub and ride. I added about 1.5" of ride height to clear 31s vs 30s. With my Elkas the ride is similar but I dropped my tire pressure about 4psi with the 31s.. The balance is always load rating and tire pressure with new tires and ride quality vs ride height with shocks. I like how I absorb bumps now but I wish my machine was wider for stability. Adding shock preload will lift the machine and reduce track width. The narrow width throws a lot less mud on the windshield.
Thanks for the info. Now I will work on getting her convinced for the rear.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok. Sorry to beat a dead horse here but do I want arched or high clearance? Are these the same? I thought arched put 1.5” of ground clearance but I’m being told that they do not effect ride height. ??

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok sorry I googled this and now I think I understand that the high clearance just bends the arms differently for ground clearance so now I’m confused on what I really want to order.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!