ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok sorry I googled this and now I think I understand that the high clearance just bends the arms differently for ground clearance so now I’m confused on what I really want to order.
I think High lifter is the only brand that has arched arms with out offset. You want arched arms with offset like Superatv or Texas Tough Customs.

Reactions: Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok sorry I googled this and now I think I understand that the high clearance just bends the arms differently for ground clearance so now I’m confused on what I really want to order.
The SuperATV arms do not add lift. They just add extra ground clearance because they are arched. They also are forward offset 1.5". Get your lift from adjusting preload on your shocks. You can buy a arms from other manufacturers that will lift your machine also. I'm pretty sure @Robobrainiac has some like that and maybe can chime in. I think he was in same predicament as you with a bracket lift at first.

Bracket lifts suck. Had one on my 700. When I got my 1000 I decided I was gonna do it right the first time with a arms and fox shocks. Much better set up. I'm only running 28's so can't help you much there. Good luck

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The SuperATV arms do not add lift. They just add extra ground clearance because they are arched. Get your lift from adjusting preload on your shocks. You can buy a arms from other manufacturers that will lift your machine also. I'm pretty sure @Robobrainiac has some like that and maybe can chime in. I think he was in same predicament as you with a bracket lift at first.

Bracket lifts suck. Had one on my 700. When I got my 1000 I decided I was gonna do it right the first time with an arms and fox shocks. Much better set up. I'm only running 28's so can't help you much there. Good luck
I like the ride of the bigger tires. Seems smoother. Maybe that’s all in my head. Lol. Sometimes the voices lie. But will probably drop back down to the 29” tusk 30’s. I run 2 sets of tires depending. I’ve got 6 ply truck tires for local road and trail riding then I have now the 31’s 8 ply for when we go on our away from home adventures.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like the ride of the bigger tires. Seems smoother. Maybe that’s all in my head. Lol. Sometimes the voices lie. But will probably drop back down to the 29” tusk 30’s. I run 2 sets of tires depending. I’ve got 6 ply truck tires for local road and trail riding then I have now the 31’s 8 ply for when we go on our away from home adventures.
If u like the LT’s juat get u a set of LT/MT’s and be dome with it. Best of both worlds. Thats what i did yrs aho and havent looked back. Work smarter not harder.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So, here is a pic of my rig like on many other threads with this subject lol. JK
This is just an example of mine. Others very as well. Careful what u wish you can 🤯 your mind with all the different configs. Make it your own.😉
I have SATV forward arched arms. I personally believe after measuring they do give u a little lift but not enough to get hard about. NoHmo. Std stock size axels. True 30’ LT/MT tires. O offset sane size wheels all the way around (recommended) RB3 off road wide bundle spacers to help with no rubbing, and to fix the trac cuz of the same size tires. Fox qs3 shocks with upgraded springs (did this for individual reasons) and added preload to the shocks to get roughly 2-2-1/2” of lift out of the rig. No rubbing. Plenty of clearance Clarance 🥳 (my Leslie Nielsen humor) good off road and on road handling with minimal noise and great traction. And dont call me Shirley! 🤣
Oh, yes thats a chopped top. 4-1/2” had to measure it 1/2” at a time🥳
Middle pic- the camber and toe aint F’d up. I took the pic leaning against my bench so the camera angle is F’d not the camber🤨😂
Also good to note, the advantages to the SATV arms you can fix/adjust your camber that u cant with stock and with a bracket lift severely Takes out of wack with stock arms
63762179888  9BF13CE8 C6CB 408A 8E91 A80AF1014ACD
IMG 3737
65604976183  85F5AE40 3BB4 4C81 B8ED 246945C5D673

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My rig with the bracket lift a long tome ago in a galaxy far far away🤣
You can see the difference. Had to put 2” spacers in the rear to make it remotely decent but only in my mind with constant denial like thinking the hot popular chick in high Scrool
Was going to change her mind and ask u to be her boyfriend! 🤣😂🥳
Man…look how upright them shocks were🤯
Tooth filling looseners!
IMG 7036

IMG 7035

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I love the decals. And thanks again. I want the bracket lift gone and my shock angle back.
NP hope all my gibber jabber there helped you? Get ahold of Creative UTV graphics If u want some custom decals. Also @RB3offroad for your spacers. Those are all venders here, we like to support them to keep this puppy going.

Also, dont forget to hit the “reply” button when responding to someones message ☝🏻
That way they get a notice like u have been.
Not everyone just checks threads to see randomly. 😉

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
NP hope all my gibber jabber there helped you? Get ahold of Creative UTV graphics If u want some custom decals. Also @RB3offroad for your spacers. Those are all venders here, we like to support them to keep this puppy going.

Also, dont forget to hit the “reply” button when responding to someones message ☝🏻
That way they get a notice like u have been.
Not everyone just checks threads to see randomly. 😉
Ok. Sorry bout that. I have 1 1/2” spacers from rb3 on rear when I decided to run same wheels. Been thinking about moving them to front and running 2” on back.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok. Sorry bout that. I have 1 1/2” spacers from rb3 on rear when I decided to run same wheels. Been thinking about moving them to front and running 2” on back.
Nahh Id stay with 1-1/2 in the back and 1” in the front. The wife track bundle.
When u flert with 2” in the back, your putting weird strain $hit on that whole thing in time plus you start to restrict your machine for certain trails.
The pics I posted are with 1-1/2”&1”
Basically this

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. Thank you.
I do have experience with the high lifter bracket lift. I have since moved on to the C-Fab arms with lift built in. I have the majority of my experience in my build thread. What questions can I try to answer for you?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When u flert with 2” in the back, your putting weird strain $hit on that whole thing in time plus you start to restrict your machine for certain trails.
Basically this
Thanks.
Basically this

• Haha
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I do have experience with the high lifter bracket lift. I have since moved on to the C-Fab arms with lift built in. I have the majority of my experience in my build thread. What questions can I try to answer for you?
I don’t think I’m going to need the lift per Remingtons build. I don’t want a tall machine but was thinking a little lift and keep spring rate down. Thanks for the reply.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you get rid of your sway bar. I see where a lot of people say get rid of it.
What was that web addess you started in post #33? 😂

Yes, within the first yr of owning it. Upgrading suspension helps that. The ride is much better without that bar

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t think I’m going to need the lift per Remingtons build. I don’t want a tall machine but was thinking a little lift and keep spring rate down. Thanks for the reply.
We’ve only had it on its side and that was driver error (tire placement lack of paying attention and the loss of my eyesight in the one eye). Guess I relaxed too much and wasn’t paying attention. Ran my right front wheel up a bank and it went over. But the ol pioneer has always felt top heavy so I don’t want a lot of added height.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What was that web addess you started in post #33? 😂

Yes, within the first yr of owning it. Upgrading suspension helps that. The ride is much better without that bar
I put the 814’s on it and was always going to do it but never did.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just do it!
Has anyone had a negative experience with removing the sway bar? I thew mine in the scrap pile a few years ago and never looked back. I've had flops but none that I can say that sway bar would've helped. If anything I know several situations where it would have caused a flop. Same for the talon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!