Talon fuel distance

R

RICHWIT59

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2019
Lacey NJ
Ownership

1. Talon R
i recently bought a 2019 talon r. I was wondering how far you can go on a trail ride, not ripping on it but a moderate trail ride. Thanks. just wondering if I need to buy another two or three gallon tank

Reactions: bussnbug
M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
i recently bought a 2019 talon r. I was wondering how far you can go on a trail ride, not ripping on it but a moderate trail ride. Thanks. just wondering if I need to buy another two or three gallon tank
we are getting 29mpg

Reactions: RICHWIT59
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Six of us here all get 19-20 mpg every ride .

Reactions: RICHWIT59
R

RICHWIT59

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2019
Lacey NJ
Ownership

1. Talon R
thanks guys for you responses

Mikehallad

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just finished a three day ride in southern Utah. About a 100 miles each day of sand and slow rock climbing mixed with a few fast stretches of dirt road. I averaged between 18 and 23mpg across the three days.

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
More miles the better. I guess it’s just how heavy your right foot is!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I guess it’s just how heavy your right foot is!
That is an understatement!
WIth wifey on board, I have to be slow. gentle and easy and get 20+ mpg.
By myself, it is pedal to the metal and I am lucky if I hit 15 mpg and most of the time around 10-12 at the dunes.

Reactions: DAJO
advertisement
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is an understatement!
WIth wifey on board, I have to be slow. gentle and easy and get 20+ mpg.
By myself, it is pedal to the metal and I am lucky if I hit 15 mpg and most of the time around 10-12 at the dunes.
That’s sad! My wife has almost given up on riding with me in the talon. She’s back on her quad. I have scared the s*** out of her enough to where she don’t want to ride with me. I do suffer from the lack of night time bonding with her, but I don’t have her monitoring my beer drinkin, or my driving style. I know, it’s a big loss, but when I’m in a full lock slide with my foot on the floor..... it’s worth it!

Reactions: popeye
Mikehallad

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
More miles the better. I guess it’s just how heavy your right foot is!
Yeah I was with 5 other rzr's and didn't want to make enemies the first time out. I ride with about 10 other DEDICATED rzr riders and they were all over me as to why I sold my rzr and deserted them. I had great answers which a few if them thought about and a few were just miffed (or jealous) .
I'll bet at least 5 will switch with in 12 months. It's such a no brainier to buy a Talon over the rzr unless you put low miles on them and trade up every year. Even then, no belts, real 4wd not just a suggestion, and Honda quality make it easy.

R

RICHWIT59

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2019
Lacey NJ
Ownership

1. Talon R

I took a 81 mile ride last week with 11 other machines which were mostly turbo's. they were either on fumes with fuel light on , or refueled in the trails, on the way back. my fuel guage still said i had close to half a tank. the next day I fueled the machine back up and it took 5 gallons of fuel. I got a little over 16 mpg. we were riding pretty hard and my foot was in the throttle staying up with the turbo's, but it was comforting to know I can do at least 100 miles before having to fuel up.I also bought a 2 gallon fuel pack for the next ride. also wanted to share how nice it was to have the rugged radios to talk back and forth with the pack. we cross alot of roads and it is nice to connect with the front and back of the pack at all times.!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!