Fuel Mileage

ChrisM

ChrisM

Feb 19, 2020
West Central Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
Question on fuel mileage. I bought my 2020 700 2 on 2-3-20, put a few miles on the tank the dealer put in when I bought it, 14 miles and decided I might need to actuall fill it up. Put 4 gallons to top it off.

I have since driven 47 miles and used over half a tank of fuel.

THAT SUCKS!!!!!! I know I've only got 61 total miles on it and its still breaking in but every Honda I've owned gets great mileage. According to this I'll only get a 100 max miles to a tank. That's only 7 miles to the gallon.

Is this normal for these?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Your riding terrain does have an impact. With that, I have filled up with 2 bars on the gauge anywhere from 3-almost 6 gallons.

That is usually after 60-80 miles, though I honestly dont log miles for keeping track so just a rough number. Probably get 15-20mpg.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on how you ride; what gear you're in and how fast you go, how much weight in the buggy (people, tools, spare tire, etc.).
If you're on the road going fast you will get great mileage.
When in the hills 4-wheeling all day even at slow pace expect about 10-15 mpg and that's being conservative.
You actually use quite a bit of energy at a high RPM playing through the terrain.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine has been getting little over 20 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC

JoshC

Jun 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Rode about 76miles and took around 4gals to fill back up. So I thought that wasn’t too bad?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!