P1000 Fuel pump replacement

G

GaryZ

Sep 22, 2018
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any pitfalls or tricks to installing a new fuel pump assembly?

My 2016 1000 died a few weeks back. It will turn over but it will not start. It stuttered a few times previously but a quick press of the gas pedal quickly remedied those instances.

One of my fellow lease members (automotive mechanic) looked at it over the weekend and determined the fuel pump was bad.

He removed the fuel pump and confirmed that there was power going to the pump and it was not working.

I'm looking to order the assembly soon and I was just wondering if there are any pitfalls or trucks to the install. Ie. priming, etc.

I'm certain someone here has done the install but my search did not turn up anything definitive.

Thanks.

Reactions: TimG
G

GaryZ

Sep 22, 2018
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed new Fuel pump and my machine is back to purring like a kitten.

I would definitely recommend ordering a new gasket to replace at the same time.

No priming required. I just turned the key on and let the pump run for 10 seconds and she fired right up. She stalled when I first pushed the gas pedal so I let her idle for about 30 seconds and then she was good to go.

Hope this helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!