Fuel smell

D

DrRob

May 17, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a 2 month old 2020 1000-5 that I took out for its first big ride. Constant smell of fuel especially when stopped. Anyone else with this problem. Called the dealer didn't get much info there. Almost smells like its flooded, but no engine issues or loss of power.

Reactions: DG Rider
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I used to get that every once in a blue. I think it might be the heat down in the tank and gas fumes venting out. The gas tank vent is right under the front seat. Haven't noticed since I extended all my vent lines though. Hope it helps

BTW welcome to the club from South FL!
Pics or it didn't happen! 😉 #NTC

D

DrRob

May 17, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I
I used to get that every once in a blue. I think it might be the heat down in the tank and gas fumes venting out. The gas tank vent is right under the front seat. Haven't noticed since I extended all my vent lines though. Hope it helps

BTW welcome to the club from South FL!
Pics or it didn't happen! 😉 #NTC
thanks I'll try that

Reactions: JenElio
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have a 2 month old 2020 1000-5 that I took out for its first big ride. Constant smell of fuel especially when stopped. Anyone else with this problem. Called the dealer didn't get much info there. Almost smells like its flooded, but no engine issues or loss of power.
Does it have a windshield? As mentioned, all the pioneers have the vent under the seat, and adding any kind of shield tends to keep the breeze from carrying the fumes away.

D

DrRob

May 17, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it have a windshield? As mentioned, all the pioneers have the vent under the seat, and adding any kind of shield tends to keep the breeze from carrying the fumes away.
Thanks good info, yes it has a windshield.

Reactions: DG Rider