P500 Full tilt windshield

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
New to the 500’s went with the moose roof for the ‘17 Pioneer, and went with the 3/16 full tilt MAR windshield from UTV windshields and accessories.. does anyone have this windshield or know anything about it? Kinda late to ask cause it’s on the way just wondering if anyone has it.. thanks...
6B66CEBA 48EA 449B 867E 8814DEB39A7B

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m on my second WS already. I ruined my OEM Honda WS and am now running the Super ATV one. Looking forward to hearing about your new one.

Reactions: HP5NC and Kracker
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m on my second WS already. I ruined my OEM Honda WS and am now running the Super ATV one. Looking forward to hearing about your new one.
The scratch resistant coat will get a test once it’s cooler or raining. I’ll run half most of the time cept when keeping my lil hunting buddies dry and warm.. I’m hoping I don’t need to buy two as you unfortunately had to...

Reactions: 100Acre
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The scratch resistant coat will get a test once it’s cooler or raining. I’ll run half most of the time cept when keeping my lil hunting buddies dry and warm.. I’m hoping I don’t need to buy two as you unfortunately had to...
Got the windshield and moose roof installed... like the simplicity of the roof and really like the windshield, it shipped fast fit perfectly time will tell if it’s worth the MAR coat..

AD54ABD5 5761 4464 8335 C4EFAAC2B2FC 2489BEE8 3D3D 4AAC 8E56 AB696FE4CD36

Reactions: trigger
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like it? I’m about one click away from ordering the Honda OEM hard coat tip out. It’s expensive for sure but I like it and the clamps. But I’ve also been interested in this utv windshield and accessories 3 piece hard coat folding windshield for 220 bucks. Guess is the Honda OEM hard coat tip out worth 230-240 bucks more. I know I know only I can answer that. As of right now I’m planning to order the Honda one.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like it? I’m about one click away from ordering the Honda OEM hard coat tip out. It’s expensive for sure but I like it and the clamps. But I’ve also been interested in this utv windshield and accessories 3 piece hard coat folding windshield for 220 bucks. Guess is the Honda OEM hard coat tip out worth 230-240 bucks more. I know I know only I can answer that. As of right now I’m planning to order the Honda one.
I’ve had it a few weeks been in swamp mud few sticks on it washed it wiped with micro fiber cloth no scratches... I like it a lot but I paid 315 for the 3/8 MAR.. the 1/4 MAR is like 360ish...I don’t think the 220$ one is scratch resistant/hardcoat, unless something happened since I bought mine... I like it it fit right shipped fast and can’t complain... I had a Honda windshield on my P700 and in my opinion it just cost more... but then again this windshield is new so only time can tell... I did scratch my Honda from “improper” cleaning though so they will scratch

Reactions: HP5NC
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

$432,OEM hard coat. FYI, where I got mine, @HP5NC. If could find a full that folds down on hood like my Tusk 1/2, that would be my choice if a replacement comes necessary.
Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (hard coat)*

Reactions: Kracker
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
$432,OEM hard coat. FYI, where I got mine, @HP5NC. If could find a full that folds down on hood like my Tusk 1/2, that would be my choice if a replacement comes necessary.

@Mudder yeah Honda parts king is 432 + 17 shipping 449 to my door. I have found it on one other place with free shipping for 430ish. Right now I just don’t think there is a better windshield out there that suits me. I wish seizmik would make there versa fold like they have for the ranger for a P500. I love that windshield. I’ll probably order the Honda hard coat tip out here soon. Just excited to see my superatv 3500 black ops winch when I get home this evening. Oh how hard was the Honda tip out to install and mount? I referenced the install diagram here on the forum. Getting the hardware fastened to the windshield itself seems to be the hardest part of it. Why’d you purchase the tusk? Do you still run your Honda tip out?? I’m going to check with my dealer before I order it. Doubt they can do any better on price though.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I like the fold down, I live in hot humid azz la so the full windshield gets used only when raining or the few weeks I need to block the cold air during deer season... folded down you get full blast pretty much no air restriction to ur face... it’s kind low bottom half u hafta duck down to block ur face and I’m only 5’9... so far I like it and price is what I was willing to pay

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
@Mudder yeah Honda parts king is 432 + 17 shipping 449 to my door. I have found it on one other place with free shipping for 430ish. Right now I just don’t think there is a better windshield out there that suits me. I wish seizmik would make there versa fold like they have for the ranger for a P500. I love that windshield. I’ll probably order the Honda hard coat tip out here soon. Just excited to see my superatv 3500 black ops winch when I get home this evening. Oh how hard was the Honda tip out to install and mount? I referenced the install diagram here on the forum. Getting the hardware fastened to the windshield itself seems to be the hardest part of it. Why’d you purchase the tusk? Do you still run your Honda tip out?? I’m going to check with my dealer before I order it. Doubt they can do any better on price though.
Yep man you hafta go with what suits you and your preference everyone likes different things.. get what ur gut tells u to and you can’t go wrong

advertisement
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I like the fold down, I live in hot humid azz la so the full windshield gets used only when raining or the few weeks I need to block the cold air during deer season... folded down you get full blast pretty much no air restriction to ur face... it’s kind low bottom half u hafta duck down to block ur face and I’m only 5’9... so far I like it and price is what I was willing to pay

Well I was thinking if I get the Honda OEM
Hard coat tip out with the quick clamps here in the hot humid summer in NC I’d just take out off all together maybe.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I do like the fact that the utv windshield and accessories three piece that it can fold down an strap to the lower portion of the roll bar. But most that have the Honda tip out say it provides adequate air flow tipped fully open. Honestly if that superatv flip up didn’t require modification to access the hood I’d probably be getting it.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Well I was thinking if I get the Honda OEM
Hard coat tip out with the quick clamps here in the hot humid summer in NC I’d just take out off all together maybe.
Yep those quick Honda connects are nice had that on 700... my only hang up with the full was eve though it was hard coat.. during winter at 430 am either frost or dew would be on it... I’d be a camp and not always have right cloth to clean shield off wound up swirling it.. sun would be a mofo sometimes.. that or when riding dusty dirt roads it pile up.. I figure if I was to mistakenly
Scratch or swirl this one hell I’ve still got a half... and only use full when need be... that’s reasoning now... And price... have much more I wana go with on this thing..

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
When I bought my P5 my gut and logic told me when I started accessorizing it to try and stick with Honda OEM accessories as much as possible. After all they did build and engineer the machine they should know how to make the best accessories for it as well. (Not always the case as we know) but I do want to try and stick with their stuff when it’s applicable.

Reactions: Kracker
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sent an email to Rocky Mtn/Tusk windshields. If no luck, Maybe I’ll just find a piece of material (Maybe laminated glass) and make my own extension as I have 2 extra OEM quick clamps. One problem with fulls is they get dusty, Pretty bad in group ride, ie., 2018 Takeover. Thats why I got the 1/2 for summer, and switch to full in winter.

“To sales or Product Development,

I originally had the Honda full flip out windshield and recently replaced it with the Tusk 1/2 extra height -fold down on hood model, (nice product for warm weather).

My question is if an option might be created to add a top piece to the 1/2, on a piano hinge, to make a full windshield to the roof line? It would be useful. Would even be interested as an accessory add on that I could drill and bolt the hinge to existing Tusk 1/2 shield already installed.

Just a suggestion.”

3C5DA7E6 CBBD 486B B5C5 2097D86C0D32 F59C5D75 0247 4D42 B6E4 E898F0FD2994

Last edited:
Reactions: Kracker and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
@Kracker so you have had both the Honda OEM hard coat tip out (on a P700) and now the utv windshield and accessories one. Does the later come with the gasket all the way the outer edge? How well does it seal up to the roll bar? Also with the Honda hard roof how much of a gap if any is there?

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Sent an email to Rocky Mtn/Tusk windshields. If no luck, Maybe I’ll just find a piece of material and make my own extension as I have 2 extra OEM quick clamps. LOL One problem with fulls is they get dusty, Pretty bad in group ride, ie., 2018 Takeover. Thats why I got the 1/2 for summer, and switch to full in winter.

“To sales or Product Development,

I originally had the Honda full flip out windshield and recently replaced it with the Tusk 1/2 extra height -fold down on hood model, (nice product for warm weather).

My question is if an option might be created to add a top piece to the 1/2, on a piano hinge, to make a full windshield to the roof line? It would be useful. Would even be interested as an accessory add on that I could drill and bolt the hinge to existing Tusk 1/2 shield already installed.

Just a suggestion.”

View attachment 88044 View attachment 88045

Be curious to see what they say. Tusk makes some nice fairly affordable stuff.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looked at Seizmic, like what I had in mind with hinge.

0A7335E1 C8F7 497F B194 1F5BD1746AEC

Last edited:
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Talking about all these windshields and accessories. I’ve said some where before on the forum. But on the next generation of pioneers Honda really needs to intergrate the roll cage/bars like Polaris and can am have where everything makes a smooth weather tight seal with the windshield doors etc. May take them another 5-10 years but they need to adopt the same.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
@Kracker so you have had both the Honda OEM hard coat tip out (on a P700) and now the utv windshield and accessories one. Does the later come with the gasket all the way the outer edge? How well does it seal up to the roll bar? Also with the Honda hard roof how much of a gap if any is there?
This is how it looks top bottom.. bout a 2” gap from top piece to roll bar that the roof over hangs by good bit... the hood seals are tight to bike no space... it sets back and allows for hoof removal without taking windshield off.. I had a hardcoat full windshield on my 700 that I cleaned improperly while hunting never really scratched it much but it had those swirls in it that were bad looking into sun... I just like the option of gettin it out my way if and when needed which is most of the year here...

C0F0B8F0 3D34 46F1 9887 F3EE9010FF62 E134B8F0 027F 4D08 9627 EEC038F2B020 A0731867 B112 4C27 8647 941008EC0618 97539F93 3C4E 471D 8E7A 6538FD251013 23E37DA1 152A 4C4C A67C C2FFFF6FF453

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!