P500 Full tilt windshield

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
There is a gap at the lower corners of the roll bar if u can see it... I don’t know if that answered ur question or if u wana see a different pic let me know I’m off today....

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Sent an email to Rocky Mtn/Tusk windshields. If no luck, Maybe I’ll just find a piece of material (Maybe laminated glass) and make my own extension as I have 2 extra OEM quick clamps. One problem with fulls is they get dusty, Pretty bad in group ride, ie., 2018 Takeover. Thats why I got the 1/2 for summer, and switch to full in winter.

“To sales or Product Development,

I originally had the Honda full flip out windshield and recently replaced it with the Tusk 1/2 extra height -fold down on hood model, (nice product for warm weather).

My question is if an option might be created to add a top piece to the 1/2, on a piano hinge, to make a full windshield to the roof line? It would be useful. Would even be interested as an accessory add on that I could drill and bolt the hinge to existing Tusk 1/2 shield already installed.

Just a suggestion.”

View attachment 88044 View attachment 88045
On my old Polaris years back I had a half hardcoat tinted shield and when bought a piece of square lexan traced the frame out and cut it to fit bars.. I then drilled 4 holes and zip tied that above the half during winter for rain/ wind relief.. it wasn’t hard coat so it scratched up pretty bad but it kept me dry and pretty wind free

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
There is a gap at the lower corners of the roll bar if u can see it... I don’t know if that answered ur question or if u wana see a different pic let me know I’m off today....

Thanks for the pics. It did answer my questions.

Reactions: Kracker
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
@Kracker so you have had both the Honda OEM hard coat tip out (on a P700) and now the utv windshield and accessories one. Does the later come with the gasket all the way the outer edge? How well does it seal up to the roll bar? Also with the Honda hard roof how much of a gap if any is there?
So it’s not 100% sealed by any means there are the gaps at the lower roll corners the gap up by the top roll cage.. the hood seal is perfect fit, the sides of the windshield there is no foam the glass just velcrows to the roll cage.. i misread ur question I think this better answers what u were asking sorry

24E89683 8DB9 4071 8638 73BF6A1EB7CF DC094F85 7AFD 454E 88C3 FBCE8016630F 60D56B4D A129 41BE B06C 4CDE569FC223 8A391E77 8FE3 47AA B4B2 4557F8870515

Reactions: HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So it’s not 100% sealed by any means there are the gaps at the lower roll corners the gap up by the top roll cage.. the hood seal if perfect fit, the sides of the windshield there is no foam the glass just velcrows to the roll cage..

Thanks for your help. And the pics. I think I’ll stick with my gut and go with the Honda’s hard coat tip out. As I said in an earlier post until Honda adapts the style roll cage that Polaris and can am (can am copied Polaris on this) are running we pioneer owners will never achieve optimal cab accessory intergration and weather sealing. But until then we just have to work with what is offered and modify to suit. I wouldn’t trade my P5 for anything though! Even though I did consider a popo Ranger 500 for like a day lol

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for your help. And the pics. I think I’ll stick with my gut and go with the Honda’s hard coat tip out. As I said in an earlier post until Honda adapts the style roll cage that Polaris and can am (can am copied Polaris on this) are running we pioneer owners will never achieve optimal cab accessory intergration and weather sealing. But until then we just have to work with what is offered and modify to suit. I wouldn’t trade my P5 for anything though! Even though I did consider a popo Ranger 500 for like a day lol
Yeh I had crewcab 500 popo and a few 700 prowlers and even a p700-4... I way more enjoy this 500 over them all so far... and yeh I haven’t even looked at the oem for this lil 500 wasn’t concerned with “sealing up” just wanted to keep water off me and knock some wind off... the one I have is definitely not gona seal up anywhere...

Reactions: HP5NC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!