Funny Story. Almost

D

Dasmoeturhead

Last week we had some friends from Florida come to visit. I live off a all single lane country rd, and most all of us residents here use this road to visit each other and also to get up to the Cherokee National Forest, and several other trail rides. We also use this road to go to a small country store. Been doing this for some time now. Mind you at the end of our road it turns into a section of the State park, and with that, Park Rangers.

Anywho my friend wanted to go swiming, and since my dog was hothe also I said shoot, let's just jput in the P1 and go down to the bridge and get in the river. This bridge is at the end of our road. Well once down there it really isn't that deep, so I made the decision to take the P1 1/8 of a mile down the road on the 45 mph state hwy to a good swimming hole. I park the Red P1 behind a tree, and off we went having fun. Both dogs swimming like we have many times. My friend was also in the water when a park ranger walked up to me and asked if that was my SXS.
He asked me if I had tags for the P1. I said I didn't, and that I just lived up the road. He then told me that my dogs needed to be on a leash (there were 2 other dogs there without leashes also). Anyway he wasn't happy, but he said he would give me a warning ticket instead of a ticket that would have included a fine. He said he was giving me a huge break, and I acknowledged that. Then he asked me for my drivers license, and I told him I didn't have it with me. He about came un-glued. He told me that was an arrestable offense, and I also needed insurance. WOW!

He told me to get my dogs, and get out of there in 5 minute's. Needless to say I did.

Maybe if I would have had the Camo version he wouldn't have seen me behind the tree. Hahaha. Anyway today I am beginning to get this P1 street legal. I installed side mirrors, and a rear view mirror, and also bought a turn signal kit, that comes with everything needed. Even a horn. What a week. Next month, I'll go down and get this thing tagged. The law says I need mirrors ,turn signals, license plate, a DOT windshield (not sure how I'll get around that) i have a Honda 2 piece hard coat,and a engine that is limited to only go 35 mph max. You sign an affidavit saying you have met all these requirements, and they give you the medium speed plate.

All this just so I can take my dogs to park to go swimming in the P1.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe his sxs was in the shop that makes you grumpy. They are a lot tougher there then my neck of the woods. The 35 max is a tough one! I guess in low it kind of is. Good to see he let you go that could have been a hell of a ticket.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Maybe his sxs was in the shop that makes you grumpy. They are a lot tougher there then my neck of the woods. The 35 max is a tough one! I guess in low it kind of is. Good to see he let you go that could have been a hell of a ticket.
Yeah it really could have been a bad day.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!