GA riders

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When is this Duramtown ride. I have a buddy across the road that just bought a P1K and we both are itching to ride. He will probably want to ride on a weekend but honestly at this point my kids only do school Tues and Thursdays so I would be open to any other days.
On a side note what is the closest place to ride an over 50" near Cumming GA that's open this time of year?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@joeymt33 @ohanacreek how far are you guys from Atlanta area? How far is the riding areas you do... this is my brother and I’d like him with familiar faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 @ohanacreek how far are you guys from Atlanta area? How far is the riding areas you do... this is my brother and I’d like him with familiar faces.

Downtown Atlanta for me is 2.5-3hrs there are a couple places in East Al we ride that are about half that for him. Not sure what Coalmont would be for him.

I am not familiar with anything in GA

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Tell him to watch the North AL ride thread and he can join us anytime. That is unless he acts like you do and then we may have to say no!!

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took my younger son to Durham town last year for spring break. Our Pioneer was new and mostly stock and it was raining when we arrived. They had all of their tracks closed, so we cruised the trails and then went into their jeep parks. These pictures are of the "Slippery Nipple". It took us 45 minutes in a stock P1K5 as a newbie to conquer it without the use of the winch. I believe it is the toughest rock trail they have. You can youtube it with jeeps to see.
They have sxs trails and tracks that were not open due to the weather including some with I believe 35 or 40mph minimum speed. Probably not great in a pioneer when the sport guys are running. We rode our bikes the second day because they started opening up tracks. I wouldn't travel the 9 hours just for the pioneer to ride there. It's also expensive and restrictive (helmets, goggles and beverage choices) compared to much better areas closer.
I would definitely go back for the dirt bike riding though.
Just my $.02

20180312 153145 20180312 152149 20180312 153205

XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Downtown Atlanta for me is 2.5-3hrs there are a couple places in East Al we ride that are about half that for him. Not sure what Coalmont would be for him.

I am not familiar with anything in GA
I'm up near Dawsonville off the West side of Lake Lanier. I'll have to keep watch and see when you guys are getting together. Im looking forward to riding more down here.

Even that spot in Duramtown looked good but wouldnt be happy about wearing helmets all day.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm up near Dawsonville off the West side of Lake Lanier. I'll have to keep watch and see when you guys are getting together. Im looking forward to riding more down here.

Even that spot in Duramtown looked good but wouldnt be happy about wearing helmets all day.

You’ll def want to join us for a CoalMont trip,

We will be riding again soon, were going to do a family trip today but weather was supposed to be fairly bad. Ended up not being bad at all.

If there’s anything good to ride your way let us know.

Reactions: Tuco69 and joeymt33
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Might be time to start talking about a plan so everybody can get their ducks in a row since hopfully we will have a big group. And it would be nice if everyone showed up

Reactions: BuckCreek01
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
You’ll def want to join us for a CoalMont trip,

We will be riding again soon, were going to do a family trip today but weather was supposed to be fairly bad. Ended up not being bad at all.

If there’s anything good to ride your way let us know.
Coalmont was a killer place plus some pretty places to

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well me and a neighbor are taking the Pioneers up to Royal Blue on Feb. 15-17 if anyone wants to meet up there. Just let me know.

Reactions: Backwoods
XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also we are bringing my 4 year olds with us and we plan to make it a nice family friendly riding weekend.

XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of you guys ride the trails near Chattanooga and if so was there a place for camping with an RV near the trails?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I've been to prentiss Cooper a couple of times nice place, well maintained, beautiful views. Super easy good for relaxing family ride .It opens this month and there is no charge. You will meet Jeeps, ATVs, sxs, on the trails. I am going to try the ridges in Alabama tomorrow . It's pretty close and I have not been there just want to check it out and see what they have going on. Go to rider planet click on the state you want it will give info on all places and some pictures.

Reactions: XtremeF150
XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I've been to prentiss Cooper a couple of times nice place, well maintained, beautiful views. Super easy good for relaxing family ride .It opens this month and there is no charge. You will meet Jeeps, ATVs, sxs, on the trails. I am going to try the ridges in Alabama tomorrow . It's pretty close and I have not been there just want to check it out and see what they have going on. Go to rider planet click on the state you want it will give info on all places and some pictures.
Thanks yeah I've been to it. Just looking for first hand info I guess. I need to find some short drives from Cumming GA for weekend camping trips.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
In my opinion Tenn. And Alabama have much better places to ride than we do here with the exception of Houston Valley it's a real good place, but the 50 inch deal keeps me away from there. I used to go to Winrock a lot and rent one of the little cabins for night I never had a bad time there. But I seem to busy haven't been in a while. I gotta make some changes and make more time like I used to.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
The ridges are good for the family riders , not much challenging there unless you go looking for it . A good days worth of trails though .

Reactions: ohanacreek
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!