BOX1

P1000 GAS FUMES IN CAB

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000 LE, took it for our first ride and as the tank started lowering we had more gas fumes in the cab! Buy a half a tank it finally got so bad we had to turn around and head back. We have a two-piece Honda OEM windshield, also a rear window. It was very windy that day. Tried to replicate it in my garage and it seemed that may be coming from the vent hose? Anybody have any ideas or have had the same problem?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000 LE, took it for our first ride and as the tank started lowering we had more gas fumes in the cab! Buy a half a tank it finally got so bad we had to turn around and head back. We have a two-piece Honda OEM windshield, also a rear window. It was very windy that day. Tried to replicate it in my garage and it seemed that may be coming from the vent hose? Anybody have any ideas or have had the same problem?
🤔....welcome to the club from South FL

Check the fuel vent line, under the seat passenger side. And like DirtStiffs said, get a vent extension kit and avoid future issues also. Ohhhh did you know we like pics?.......we like pics!!

Pics or it didn't happen!!😂😂

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where's the Deputy.
Add a vent kit and don't overfill the tank into the neck.
When you do the vent kit do you run it up to the back of the machine? Because my doggies right in the back! Thanks for your response do I just buy the hose and do my own vent kit or do they actually have a vent kit? For as much as we pay for these damn machines Honda should have that figured out

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have an extended warranty do you think the Steelers ship would install a vent kit? Thank you
It's a pretty simple install. You can DIY the kit like a lot of guys or..... @Bayouownbeer sells a nice kit. Can't go wrong either way.

Reactions: Lady01 and FJC 79
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My vent line kit come in the mail this week. Haven't had time to install it yet but it only makes since. Honda vented it right below the passengers seat.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where's the Deputy.
Seems the OP has problem's following directions. He was asked in another thread and from @JenElio aka Jennay in this one 🤨

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems the OP has problem's following directions. He was asked in another thread and from @JenElio aka Jennay in this one 🤨
All good Bud, keep em honest.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!