P1000 Gear ratio

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What is the overall crawl ratio of the pioneer 1000? How bout reverse ?

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What is the overall crawl ratio of the pioneer 1000? How bout reverse ?
First WELCOME! Crawl ratio? I thought that was after dinner, the night ride and back to camp after a quart of Moon Shine with your friends. Mines pretty slow. HA!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello. Think this is what you are looking for.
Bb389d672826bee963f701ba5cbcb2ed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ODAMO and BWAF
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the gearing info. It looks to be about 28:1 in low/low. That’s about the same as my Jeep. Is there any info on ring gear diameters? The gear head in me is curious

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It can be a little bit lower if you are brave enough to get the gear reduction.

Reactions: Kilo427 and BWAF
D

DDDonkey

OK everyone can some one check this for me. My exel is a little rusty and I did not make this file, I got it about ten years ago on a diesel forum. I went ahead and added a primary reduction to it and my truck does not have one and found a tire size that is 26.5" tall. If you play with just the trie size, it should show you your gearing changes as you change the tire size. I don't know if this would help anyone but thought I would share since it was shared with me. Let me know if I messed up a formula.

Attachments

• Pioneer DCT gears11.xlsx
    17.4 KB · Views: 232
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Low range is effectively only 1.78 lower than high range. A Jeep for instance has 2.72 low range which is much more effective and reverse is also multiplied by the same. Reverse on the pioneer drops to only 1.34 as the multiplier and is not as effective as many have stated. A Jeep Rubicon has 4:1 low range. I’m not sure what Honda was thinking in selecting the gearing but the clutches would have it a lot easier had they selected a lower low range gear ratio. My Yamaha Kodiak atv for example has a crawl ratio of 87:1 vs 28:1 in the pioneer. I understand that the pioneer has more power however the Kodiak does not run out of torque when in reverse because it has ample gearing and therefore does not slip the clutches. I’m surprised that Honda equipped the pioneer with such tall gearing, it loses a lot of potential “utility” because of it.

J

JTW

Low range is effectively only 1.78 lower than high range. A Jeep for instance has 2.72 low range which is much more effective and reverse is also multiplied by the same. Reverse on the pioneer drops to only 1.34 as the multiplier and is not as effective as many have stated. A Jeep Rubicon has 4:1 low range. I’m not sure what Honda was thinking in selecting the gearing but the clutches would have it a lot easier had they selected a lower low range gear ratio. My Yamaha Kodiak atv for example has a crawl ratio of 87:1 vs 28:1 in the pioneer. I understand that the pioneer has more power however the Kodiak does not run out of torque when in reverse because it has ample gearing and therefore does not slip the clutches. I’m surprised that Honda equipped the pioneer with such tall gearing, it loses a lot of potential “utility” because of it.
Yassssss!!! Low should have been low! On my rubicon I can literally let the clutch out without touching the gas in low. And that’s with 35’s. It will creep along and you can walk beside it like a tractor.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yassssss!!! Low should have been low! On my rubicon I can literally let the clutch out without touching the gas in low. And that’s with 35’s. It will creep along and you can walk beside it like a tractor.
Are you hunting right now?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!