P500 Getting pins out

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I feel your pain. I stripped/rounded one or two myself. Before rounding them completely, a friend had an impact driver that loosened them. Impact driver is the answer. I replaced those, plus bought two extra. They are expensive little screws. Must be gold filled.
Where did you get replacement screws? I've ordered more of both styles of pushpins, but need to grab a few more screws also. Thanks again

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's some more comic relief...any ideas I'm all ears. Got everything off and basically have the seatbelt clip exposed but cant get behind it. Last screw on the drivers side View attachment 272711to get the panel off and it is on there so tight I stripped it. Went slow with hand screwdriver, then slow with drill, then tried flathead. I can't get the thing off and it's stripped now like a mofo. So funny I need to add all this to my build thread.

I don't have any rubberbands at the house to try and not sure what else to do besides drilling it out or getting an extractor.

Any ideas?🤣

View attachment 272710
I would just cut the plastic off around the bolt and not worry about the bolt.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
The question is what tip were you using? Those are #3 phillips not #2's. Just thought I'd mention that so you don't strip any of the other 3.

Thanks - I got 5 of them off without any issue and this one was the last one that was stuck. I'll have to double check the head size but I didn't have any play in the bit when it was in the screw head.

I would just cut the plastic off around the bolt and not worry about the bolt.

My OCD would not allow it 🤣

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
That's right, there are 6. They're for sure #3's though. Been several threads in the past of guys having a hard time with these. Honda torqued the hell out of them. Good luck man.
IIRC, mine looked a little corroded as well, even on a brand new machine. I'll be putting some anti seize on them when they go back in.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
DvEOnVOUUAIl1Cj

Thanks guys! Took about 1 minute once I used the easy out like @SILVER_ALERT suggested! Now fingers crossed the seatbelt bypass works 🤣

PXL 20210520 194925091
PXL 20210520 194956220

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
PXL 20210520 201345121

Does this look right? I Thought the looped end was supposed to connect to the seatbelt?

Edit - I turned the key on with the connectors like that and the seatbelt sign on the dash wasn't flashing. when I connected the seat belt back together like it was originally, the seatbelt sign on the dash was flashing. wondering if that means it's working haha?

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 272896

Does this look right? I Thought the looped end was supposed to connect to the seatbelt?

Edit - I turned the key on with the connectors like that and the seatbelt sign on the dash wasn't flashing. when I connected the seat belt back together like it was originally, the seatbelt sign on the dash was flashing. wondering if that means it's working haha?
You good. Congrats! 😎🤘🏾

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you get replacement screws? I've ordered more of both styles of pushpins, but need to grab a few more screws also. Thanks again

Get screws from Honda dealer. Where I got mine they had to order them.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
It's probably been covered, but bikebandit or partzilla (or many others) have all the screws, etc. I had to replace several of those under the seats, on the dash, etc. And, you can get a bag of 100 push pins on Amazon cheap. Get extras, you'll need them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!