P500 Getting ready for winter - tires/chains.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. I tested last winter Kimplex diamond V bar chains in the rear tires (BH 2.0 26-11x12) and love it, bought them lower then on manufacture website for 89.15$ with free shipping on ebay.

This year I decided to get front wheels chains same brand and was surprised to find them again on sale.

Here is the link for manufacture web site Kimpex USA | Tire Chains - kimpex - Tire Chains > Diamo...

On ebay search Diamond Tire Chain 26x9x12 or 26x11x12
my item number for the front tires was 201636099481 .

If look up by Kimplex stock number then for 26x9x12 - # 233580
26x11-12 - [HASHTAG]#233581[/HASHTAG]

this is my early post and same seller on the pic P500 - Shoulder Elk hunt adventures 2016

2. Does anyone knows if there is a company in USA who makes arctic snow tires for ATV/UTV? Low pressure but wider then 12" and wheels too with good positive offset?

Concept as on this toyota pic

6 Vefur Arctic Trucks LC120 44 020

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and trigger
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You just need a set of tracks!! Lol..

Pricey and take a lot of space, if Forest service and Montana snowmobile association would let tracked UTV use snowmobile trails I would buy them last year, but not the case, they wanted me to have skis at the front. I found kit to mount skis at the front , then I was told you are too slow for snowmobiles . Anyway reminds me bureaucrats same as home, if not here then there never straight answer.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

Well that's some BS! Yes.. The sweet aroma of bureaucracy in the morning!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that's some BS! Yes.. The sweet aroma of bureaucracy in the morning!

To my reasoning that not every trail snowmobile goes 50 mph and above, then they told me 50" and less. Then snowmobile association office said that they just dont want UTVs be on trails, even with all specs, skis at the front, 50" or less, etc.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

JTW

To my reasoning that not every trail snowmobile goes 50 mph and above, then they told me 50" and less. Then snowmobile association office said that they just dont want UTVs be on trails, even with all specs, skis at the front, 50" or less, etc.
I would probably have to say screw them and do it anyway. Skies in the front and tracks on the back.. Sounds like a fight that could be won!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont have time for these fights, wish would have more guys

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!