P700 Glass Windshield and Hard Cab Options/Opinions

M

mtrierwe

Sep 11, 2015
I am in the market for a hard cab for my 700-4. I plan on using it for ice fishing and have Camoplast tracks for it so there will be a lot of snow thrown around. Does anyone have any experience with the EMP(Extreme Metal Products) windshield, the stock glass, or any others? How about the had cab? I am seeing the OEM hard side doors. Are there anyother hard cab parts that anyone can recommend? Thanks for any help!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There are a few people with full cab.
They have posted in the past that you will need to seal many of the openings to keep the heat in. But once done it will keep heat well.
Glass is the way to go as the other options have more openings. You will also need the heater and a custom job to have defrost or it will fog up.
Just adding more ports with a upstream.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still love glass was nice but gets hot in summer, Deep South, it gets down to the 10'-20's. I like to wear t-shirts in the winter.

Heater does a decent job keeping the cab in the 60's in 10-20 degree weather but it has to be sealed well.

Def need defrost!

B3e9fe0a9149ea70a03c683eb9e19d12
08e36f1dad572ac38d0b9d44ffa82114

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@mtrierwe Welcome to the club! I did a search of our older posts it doesn't look like anyone has commented on having an EMP full cab just windshields and bumpers, of which they seems happy with the quality. Good luck with your search but being up north and running tracks it may be worth the extra coin to run the glass windshield and hard doors, at least they will seal up better than the fabric ones.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
DKM makes a very nice full cab,seems to be the best out there...they talk about it on the Homda pioneer forum.they show and install.and make comments.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Thanks for photo of defroster outlet. I have the glass windshield and hard top with fabric removable doors and my heater works great. I have sealed up gap on doors with foam with adhesive on one side and used black spray foam on some big gaps. I can wear tee shirts down to 10 degrees f outside.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!