P500 Glovebox p5

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Not trying to highjack anyone else's thread but did see some great ideas and thought this mod was a must for p5 owners as storage is slim.
I have started mg templet and wanted to start a thread to show progress.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Not a ton of room but enough to make it worth doing for quick access storage.
I have some electrical mounted in the box area so that's what's giving me the tight squeeze.

Image Image

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Here is what I came up with for a templet. Not sure on how I will do the door yet but I want it to be flush and clean looking (factory looking).

Image Image

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Gonna have to remove the electrical to install the box. Thinking of using sheet metal.

View attachment 8585
starting to look good!Take your time trying to get the warning plate off ,if you want to save it,they used some really good glue behind it,I used a putty knife and still got some bends in it.they wouldn't have needed to use the rivets.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Very rough but coming together. Thinking of leaving the warning label and making it kind of a hidden door.. We will see how it comes out. I can always remove it later.

Image Image Image

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!