CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Name dropping here but @TxDoc recommended Amsteel Blue winch line, his was good for 17 years.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
As I mentioned at the onset....I only have a #3500 winch. Original wire rope was 1/4" dia..There is no sense in using a #20,000 line, on a winch of this size..plus a full drum decreases you power immensely, I am looking to find a PRODUCT name for a given dia...whether it be 1/4" or 5/16. There is quite an assortment on Amazon to choose from...I'm asking ..which one G - B - Best..???
Dont over think it!
there is so many types out there. What works for some, wont work for others. The advise and experience given is great. Also depends on what u plan on pulling with it, that being a snow plow, your buggy or pulling out your truck? All this factors in. Bottom line is you just have to buy and try different types and brands like we all have and see what best suits your needs, and the way a Honda pulls with a winch is completely different than a PooPoo.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
you don't think synth rope will f you up if it snaps and hits you??i beg to differ.i've seen first hand what a snapped rope can do.that's what a kinetic damper is for.use it or suffer the consequences.

Thanks but been in construction my whole life and have seen all forms of rigging snap. Still choose rope.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A user of this line had breakage problem and was told by his Polaris dealer that the line had to be run out and dried when it got wet......Hello...
Thats bs you dont have to. I do clean mine from times to time with the hose when washing the machine. Ive broken 1 in 3 years. I use my winch every ride. There is no draw back for my use. I do have an atv with steel. This is only for the plow duty the quad sees. @WhiteLightning is right you can tie it back together and pull again when it breaks not to mention there was no scary whipping from the rooe when it broke. I dont miss the steel cable a bit no more split hands.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
A user of this line had breakage problem and was told by his Polaris dealer that the line had to be run out and dried when it got wet......Hello...
Synthetic line, such as Amsteel Blue, is used to moor ships up to as large as aircraft carriers, but you go ahead and listen to the Polaris guy instead of doing your own research about wet line.....Goodbye...

For those thinking there is a problem with synthetic line snapping back, that was an issue decades ago with nylon or similar synthetics that store energy like a rubberband. Steel line stores energy in a similar fashion. Modern synthetic lines & rope do not store energy in this manner. If concerned, toss a jacket over the line.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!