GPS UNITS

N

nobeer141

May 16, 2020
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm looking at getting some kind of unit that has preloaded trails on it. I'm. Horrible at directions. If anyone has some recommendations on gps units I would love to hear what works good. I ride in Wisconsin so trails hard to find without some help.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the Magellan TRX7 that has bunches of preload trails. It is Android based, so Clunky compared to Mac stuff, but does work. They keep updating software and it is getting better. You can download additional maps too. It will record your path, so can back track to truck. One hint though, shut off unit to wipe screen (don't ask, just assume correct LOL). I have had mine a while plus had the Yamaha Adventure pro version when had my YXZ. Having Yamaha team up with them was best thing to happen to it. Be sure to look at the waterproof versions (they have cheaper versions that aren't)

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Gaia gps . 20.00 a year . Download on your phone or tablet and use a RAM mount for it . Works awesome , easy and has choices of maps . Also Ride Command is a totally free download that works great but not as good as Gaia .

N

nobeer141

May 16, 2020
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was looking at that specific model just for the water resistant and dust. Reviews on it were harsh for trail maps. Thats why I didn't pull the trigger on it. Wish a store.had one I could.look at.

GreenTX1000R

GreenTX1000R

May 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I too am a new rider and looking for option.

M

ManofManyStangs

Apr 25, 2020
P'Burg KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Can you download the lifetime trail data and send to a friend?

If so if the friend doesn't have lifetime can they import it into say Ride command?

Reactions: Hometeam
J

JTW

Can you download the lifetime trail data and send to a friend?

If so if the friend doesn't have lifetime can they import it into say Ride command?
No.. you purchase the app and load download it to your tablet. OR buy a tablet from them.

J

JTW

I will look into lifetime trail. I forgot to mention I suck at tech stuff too. Time to get the wife involved.
Then just do search on here.. you’ll see the 8” Samsung Tab A many of us have bought and then get on lifetimes site and buy the app to download.

Reactions: Clane
J

JTW

Mehhh... I do see you’re from Wisconsin. Maybe ask @Plumber32 how life time maps are there.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at getting some kind of unit that has preloaded trails on it. I'm. Horrible at directions. If anyone has some recommendations on gps units I would love to hear what works good. I ride in Wisconsin so trails hard to find without some help.
You'll want a garmin Montana and vvmapping. They send a cartridge and trail book. Super easy. Very accurate for Wisconsin and u.p. and it works perfectly.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can use life time trail maps. Go to your trails to ride, click record and save them. At least you will know how to get back. Each time you go record more. Trails change and since you recorded them they will be the most accurate.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
In my experience preloaded maps pretty much suck industry wide. The bare necessities are there to get you around but there are way more trails that aren't on there. Started with a Garmin Montana preloaded with their Topo, lacked a lot. Loaded it with a $ 39 VV Mapping chip and it was much better. My eyes aren't what they used to be and wanted something bigger, upgraded to a tablet with the Lifetime Trailmaps, the maps are better than the Garmin topo's were but still lacking. Both will record and save your track so it stays in the unit after you've ridden it.

M

ManofManyStangs

Apr 25, 2020
P'Burg KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
No.. you purchase the app and load download it to your tablet. OR buy a tablet from them.

Sorry my post was confusing. Can I export GPX files or import GPX files into lifetime?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!