Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Usually if it’s cold weather condensation you’ll see the worst of it on the dipstick top end or on the inside of the fill plug…it will be almost milky white.

with only 150 mi it sounds like a lot of put put miles.

On my P1k5 in the winter I do block my radiator as explained by @CID .I have a piece that I made that blocks the lower 50% of the radiator…more so for getting heat output of my heater but also to ensure my rig gets to operation temperature and stays there when plowing snow and ice fishing. This eliminates the condensation for the most part.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hopefully a couple oil changes clears it up for you.

I also cover the radiator in winter. I just use some cardboard and zip ties to the grill. And deer skulls if we find them. Lol

R

Rmac

Feb 8, 2019
Northern B.C
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a last year's model Talon 1000x with 150 miles on the odometer last week. After I rode it for an hour at home I drained the oil. It looked like split pea soup, green in color. I did use both engine oil drain plugs. Does anyone know what is going on here? I put quality oil back in the engine. Thanks!
Im sure your issue is resolved by now but I wouldn’t have worried about it, some motul motorcycle oils are green and I’ve heard Kawasaki brand too.

Dittybag

Dittybag

Sep 23, 2021
worry
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Im sure your issue is resolved by now but I wouldn’t have worried about it, some motul motorcycle oils are green and I’ve heard Kawasaki brand too.
That's the first thing I thought. I've never seen water in oil that produced a green product.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!