JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thats good for me as well see if I can get Adam from land 0 lakes, Justin from Eustis and Garrett.

I know Adam will want to camp at a trail head he has a toy hauler.
Last time I looked up there that was the only negative, I didn't see many places close by to stay (hotel wise)

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Had fun riding with you guys over in the National Forest. Tag me if you guys try and setup something for ONF, I could probably swing that for a weekend trip.

Let me know what weekends you can make it down we can try and get a group ride with jenelio, Adam (Dribblez), Justin, Garrett, Russ, Brett. And Zack and his wife (bastardchild)

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'd like to drive up Fri night and head back Sunday, like I did for the trip to Perry

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hell, I was talking about coming down to Ocala!

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That weekend in January should work for me as well. I don't have a winch, is that a problem?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That weekend in January should work for me as well. I don't have a winch, is that a problem?

Not a problem, Ocala national forest the trails I have rode are all dry sugar sand, try to bring a mild tire nothing with an aggressive tread like a mud tire. I ran over heated on silverbacks now I use a light truck tire on 15in rims on my pioneer 1000-5.

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So we good for mid Jan? Should we post it up on the calendar section? @Average_Joe are trails good to make a weekend out of? Or just a day?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
So we good for mid Jan? Should we post it up on the calendar section? @Average_Joe are trails good to make a weekend out of? Or just a day?

The north trails has a camp ground and can make a weekend out of. Fort McCoy KOA has direct access to the north trails.

Fort McCoy KOA

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok so just FYI, just got off the phone with them. Lady said for the "camp ground" they have to trailer you to the beginning of the trail head and back because park rangers are being real nasty with people and handing out tickets left and right to anyone on the roads 🤷‍♂️
I tried reserving a cabin for Jan 15-17 but their calender isn't up yet for next year. I'd like to go for them dates regardless, its my B-Day weekend 😁

Reactions: jpanicaro
Middy

Middy

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Loxahatchee, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so just FYI, just got off the phone with them. Lady said for the "camp ground" they have to trailer you to the beginning of the trail head and back because park rangers are being real nasty with people and handing out tickets left and right to anyone on the roads 🤷‍♂️
I tried reserving a cabin for Jan 15-17 but their calender isn't up yet for next year. I'd like to go for them dates regardless, its my B-Day weekend 😁
When I went to website, in the Covid 19 update/alert, it mentioned that they’re only currently taking reservations for 3 days or more? Might need to check on that.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

That's interesting you only cross over the little two lane road you drive there on and your in the forest right from the koa. From there you have to go to the nearest trail head rodman dam to get your pass. But it's all forest. You follow a trail right from the office

Koa

Reactions: JenElio
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What I do like about the north trails there's a corral at the bottom of yellow trail to park the SxS's in then you can walk across and get lunch then back out on the trails. Hopefully that little restaurant is still open.

Reactions: Middy and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's interesting you only cross over the little two lane road you drive there on and your in the forest right from the koa. From there you have to go to the nearest trail head rodman dam to get your pass. But it's all forest. You follow a trail right from the office

View attachment 235965
Maybe its that little stretch where you ride along the road off to the side 🤷‍♂️
I've never been at all so I'm just relaying the message. It does seem kind of dumb to have to trailer people back n forth non stop all hrs of the day, seems lile a big PITA for them and riders

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When I went to website, in the Covid 19 update/alert, it mentioned that they’re only currently taking reservations for 3 days or more? Might need to check on that.
I asked her about a cabin rental for Friday and Sat night and she didn't say no, just said the January calendar wasn't up in their system yet. Have to wait till December, I guess they only run a month in advance on their system. Think she said something like $135/night for cabin

Reactions: Middy
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I asked her about a cabin rental for Friday and Sat night and she didn't say no, just said the January calendar wasn't up in their system yet. Have to wait till December, I guess they only run a month in advance on their system. Think she said something like $135/night for cabin

The cabins are nice little lot model single wide trailers they were clean last time i stayed there talking to Justin via text this morning it has new owners..

Do not leave any coolers outside we went with a group and friends of Justin were across on the next lot they thought a ratchet strap would keep a bear out of their cooler they woke up to all their food gone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!