Florida ROPs chop

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you were closer I'd say bring it by and we'll chop'r down.....unless you want to make the drive. I'm not familiar with shops on your side.
Thanks, google says you are about 3.5 hrs from me, not out of the question. Would need to wait until after the holidays for sure. Appreciate the offer, I may reach out if I can’t find anything.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No better time to learn. Thrown to the wolves. Thats how Roush Racing tought me!
Yea I have been following a thread on here about welders and have looked really hard. I know a guy (in Ohio) that dropped close to 10k on a full miller set up 6-7 years ago and has never used it. But man it looks pretty in his shop.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea I have been following a thread on here about welders and have looked really hard. I know a guy (in Ohio) that dropped close to 10k on a full miller set up 6-7 years ago and has never used it. But man it looks pretty in his shop.
First off “really hard” NoHmo ok? 🤣 JM

You dont have to spend that much. You can go for example TSC and get a nice miller, Lincoln or Hobart like I have that uses Gas preferably for $5-600 once u get a set of gloves, helmet (some welders have all that in a package) youll be all set for under $1k or a bit more. Some like the HF style welders, there ok, but I like proven quality especially if your starting out. Nothing like getting discouraged and in part was the inconsistent welder you bought.

Once you take the plunge, get you some different size “scrap” metal and play around getting use to the welder with different beads and consistency. Once u fet the hang of it, then you can proceed to do your chop. Take your time when doing your chop DO NOT RUSH also a key with welding, its a finesse, steady and slow methodical process.
So Why is it good to have your own welder and go through all this you ask? Its a wonderful skill/trade to have, many things you can build and fix and be proud to say you did that.
If you have kids or nephews, you can also teach the very highly useful trade to them down the line. Lord knows they dont get that kind of thing now a days.

Finally, when you do the chop, start a thread for your chop “only” and ask alot of questions if u need to. We are here to help u along the way. My build and others also have usful info with pics about our chops. Hope this helps? Good luck.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@FL_CrackerLife might know of someone.
Yup, I know who that person is. But Im not helping no mo! Not doing it nope!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!