P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Alright guys so I have discussed our riding dates with the wife... We are on for the weekend of the 18th & 19th...

The bowlegs run is actually named after a seminole chief that Andrew Jackson rounded up over on our coast down there. That's why there is bowlegs point... From my understanding that's where bowlegs made his surrender to old hickory. Just a little history lesson for that area that I didn't know if @russknight knew.
He and I are both Florida history buffs, and we are always talking about stuff like that on our rides... lol So please excuse us if we go off on a tangent.

The forest... Well it can get tight in there, but there are also nice wide trails and in a lot of places that are two buggies wide. I really enjoy being up there as there are real trails that will test your skill and machine. I need to get @russknight up there again and show him the trails I have learned and have on my map. Oh yes a map, you will definitely want one of those @Adam490 . Getting lost in there could have you backtracking a long ways. There are a few places to actually pull up and chill where people play in the mud and stuff. It is an awesome time. Let us know when your coming @Adam490 , @dpnorth and I would love to show you around. He is in the forest regularly, and knows it well.

Let me know if that weekend works for everybody... With all this rain, I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: Adam490
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
IMG 2413

@Adam490 This is a picture in a clear creek you can ride down in and up out of that was from our last group ride. This was a extremely good time and where I met most my future riding buddies.
IMG 1729

This is one of the holes where you can pull up and hang. Be aware, it'll get deep. I wonder how many "confidence in a can" has ruined a machine in this certain hole. I bet if I had 1$ for every bent rod this water hole has caused... I'd be rich!

Reactions: Mudwing and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Alright guys so I have discussed our riding dates with the wife... We are on for the weekend of the 18th & 19th...

The bowlegs run is actually named after a seminole chief that Andrew Jackson rounded up over on our coast down there. That's why there is bowlegs point... From my understanding that's where bowlegs made his surrender to old hickory. Just a little history lesson for that area that I didn't know if @russknight knew.
He and I are both Florida history buffs, and we are always talking about stuff like that on our rides... lol So please excuse us if we go off on a tangent.

The forest... Well it can get tight in there, but there are also nice wide trails and in a lot of places that are two buggies wide. I really enjoy being up there as there are real trails that will test your skill and machine. I need to get @russknight up there again and show him the trails I have learned and have on my map. Oh yes a map, you will definitely want one of those @Adam490 . Getting lost in there could have you backtracking a long ways. There are a few places to actually pull up and chill where people play in the mud and stuff. It is an awesome time. Let us know when your coming @Adam490 , @dpnorth and I would love to show you around. He is in the forest regularly, and knows it well.

Let me know if that weekend works for everybody... With all this rain, I'm looking forward to it!
Thanks! Where do you all park when you go ride the forest trails? Is there an address or point you could share so I can map it out from where my family lives?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
View attachment 211567
@Adam490 This is a picture in a clear creek you can ride down in and up out of that was from our last group ride. This was a extremely good time and where I met most my future riding buddies.
View attachment 211566
This is one of the holes where you can pull up and hang. Be aware, it'll get deep. I wonder how many "confidence in a can" has ruined a machine in this certain hole. I bet if I had 1$ for every bent rod this water hole has caused... I'd be rich!
Ha, no stranger to mud and deep water since that is all there is to ride down here in south LA. I've had my fill of it though. I'll go through it if I need to in order to continue on the trail but I have zero shame in taking the go around. That clear creek looks like a good time

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm good for that date as well, and I'm not into mud bogging either.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm in!!! @Brett002 which forest r y'all talking about? Apalachicola, or Ocala? Just want to find a place to book a room.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Brett002 You bringing the kids ? If not I'll set it up so they can stay with grandma for the weekend. Im good either way, I just dont want them to be the only kids (they get bored after a while)

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I'm not absolutely positive he'll go as he gets restless as well. That's why I try and throw a swimming hole or something in to the mix. I only have one and he has a 92' honda 300 4x4 and a rzr 170. They either hardly ever get rode... I'd be on my 5th set of tires, on them both. He's really into wrestling right now so atleast the trampoline is getting used. Kids these days... That's another rant.

I've never went to the osceola, but I have went and wakeboarded in ocean pond, and the trails look about the same as the apalachicola. I'd suggest you all get a room here in Perry. If we plan on riding both days, it will leave alot more options open. We will discuss these options depending on the weather conditions of that weekend. Rain doesn't bother me.

The trailheads for the apalachicola are named Silverlake, and Springhill. The Springhill trailhead is around 45 mins west from here. If we go and ride the coast down bowlegs it's 30 mins south from here. If we go spring hopping on the suwannee it's about 30 mins east from here. So Perry would be a good centralized location with access to all of these places. It also has all the amenities you could ever need. Besides I think our "Rona" count just broke 100 so we don't have that many cases as of yet.

I am also the one that will go around if it's offered. If no way around though... We might have to let those 31.5" ag's eat! @Adam490 LOL

Reactions: JenElio
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm not absolutely positive he'll go as he gets restless as well. That's why I try and throw a swimming hole or something in to the mix. I only have one and he has a 92' honda 300 4x4 and a rzr 170. They either hardly ever get rode... I'd be on my 5th set of tires, on them both. He's really into wrestling right now so atleast the trampoline is getting used. Kids these days... That's another rant.

I've never went to the osceola, but I have went and wakeboarded in ocean pond, and the trails look about the same as the apalachicola. I'd suggest you all get a room here in Perry. If we plan on riding both days, it will leave alot more options open. We will discuss these options depending on the weather conditions of that weekend. Rain doesn't bother me.

The trailheads for the apalachicola are named Silverlake, and Springhill. The Springhill trailhead is around 45 mins west from here. If we go and ride the coast down bowlegs it's 30 mins south from here. If we go spring hopping on the suwannee it's about 30 mins east from here. So Perry would be a good centralized location with access to all of these places. It also has all the amenities you could ever need. Besides I think our "Rona" count just broke 100 so we don't have that many cases as of yet.

I am also the one that will go around if it's offered. If no way around though... We might have to let those 31.5" ag's eat! @Adam490 LOL
Just throw up an address to where I would need to meet up with you all. I'm not certain on any dates but I'd like to map it out from my uncles place.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok nice, I'll let the wife know so she can look for a room up there. Im down for all day Saturday but I'll have to cut Sunday short to start heading back. 6 hr ride. I figure I can start heading back home around 2

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I'd suggest our Holiday Inn, It's the nicest and the newest! @JenElio

Looks like the coast ride south from here would be a better ride for Sunday @russknight That way they could leave out from there and return home. That'd give is untill 2:30. LOL

@Adam490

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Wow.... I'm only 18 minutes from the Springhill trailhead if I'm at my Uncles place in Crawfordville. I've been back in there to that shooting range a ton of times over the years. My grandmother passed away a couple years ago now and we haven't been back over that way but a handful of times since then. I'll check into planning a visit for the weekend you all are planning to ride.

Reactions: JenElio
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Are we doing Appalachicola Saturday the 18th? then the coast ride sunday? @russknight @Brett002 @JenElio

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are we doing Appalachicola Saturday the 18th? then the coast ride sunday? @russknight @Brett002 @JenElio
Im down for what ever. I've never been up there so whatever y'all want to do I'll gladly tag along

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Was wondering if anybody let @knuckledeep know?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I wonder how we get our group ride back out on the main page where more people could join if they wanted? I guess make a new post?

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wonder how we get our group ride back out on the main page where more people could join if they wanted? I guess make a new post?
Doesn't it show back up when we respond to a post? Thats how I found this thread I think 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!