P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you guys r good for the weekend of the 18th I'm good with it. Im flexible just need a fewvdays to book somtn.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Also, do I need to get any permit/pass for any trails up there? I have my FL OHV sticker.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Awesome! Thanks!! Well I spoke with the wife last night and she threw out the idea of leaving the kids with Grandma for that weekend so that'd be even better I'm okay with a hundred plus miles man that sounds great. We're going camping in Ocala 9-10th so any time after that im good

Lets get Brett to chime on what works for him we can go from there. Were going out this weekend i'm looking at the calendar after this weekend we have 11/12th, 18th/19th, 25/26th Aug 1st/2nd. if your going to ONF in two weeks thats 18/19th if we remain somewhat open ill be in Daytona 24-26th that puts us out to August 1st/2nd.

How does August 1st/2nd sound for everyone Brett and JenElio? Maybe we can get DPNorth, Dereklm and RussKnight to join.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Also, do I need to get any permit/pass for any trails up there? I have my FL OHV sticker.

Only if we go to Apalachicola we pay before we enter for the day. If we ride shired island, the levees, hickory mound its dirt roads and black top

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
if your not going to be at ONF the 18th works for me.
I'll be there from the 9th-12th. So 18th is good with me also. August is good as well. 7th & 8th is only weekend i have booked for August

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Awesome! Thanks!! Well I spoke with the wife last night and she threw out the idea of leaving the kids with Grandma for that weekend so that'd be even better I'm okay with a hundred plus miles man that sounds great. We're going camping in Ocala 9-12th so any time after that im good

I'm on vacation at sante fe lake in gainesville the week of the 10th through the 17th. I am looking forward to it though!!! Maybe we could do a two day ride. The forest pass is good for three days and costs 10$ so that's a given but we could stay around me the next day and ride.

Perry is going to be the best place to stay with the nicer amenities. From there all the places I ride are easily accessible. Now if it's the osceola that's a haul. If it's the apalachicola that's about 45 mins. The apalachicola is the best for everyone though as we have a bud we ride with from port st joe area and he can join in on the fun.

Bring the kids! It'll make mine more likely to go. If they do come I'll be sure to arrange some spots they'd like to jump in and cool off or just something neat to take their minds off of being in a hot buggy all day. But if ya'll wanna date weekend I understand that too!

@Get-the-gaff @knuckledeep @dpnorth @dereklm @GBailey @Fl-Cracker @FL_CrackerLife @Bastardchild @Average_Joe @russknight @aauman88 @MuDSlinger

This includes any other Florida or South Ga. honda riders... Heck it doesn't even have to be a honda, I have a rope.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We're good with whatever comes up, we go with the flow. My 5 n 6 yr old hold up pretty good, they do like to stop every now n then to play in the water/mud/sand what ever they can. It was the wife's idea im not sure if its a 100% though. Takes me about 6 hrs to get to perry so im good with as much riding as possible while im up there.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bummer for me, I’ve got a granddaughters birthday party that weekend.

• Sad
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I don't know if I'll be off of vacation that weekend or not. Probably will. We are staying in a lake house with my sister/ husband, her kids, and my parents for a week and I may be home Wednesday... Lol! I'll keep ya'll posted but my wife has already told me that we'll just cut our losses... I'll tell her what I have going on with you guys. I'm sure that'll help us pack the bags much sooner. @JenElio I think it'd be kinda cool if all of us traveled around Florida and found all these cool places to ride as a honda group. We need to do it more often!

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m pretty much open in August. My schedule changes a lot lol. I’ll probably get a room for the night up that way as well. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't know if I'll be off of vacation that weekend or not. Probably will. We are staying in a lake house with my sister/ husband, her kids, and my parents for a week and I may be home Wednesday... Lol! I'll keep ya'll posted but my wife has already told me that we'll just cut our losses... I'll tell her what I have going on with you guys. I'm sure that'll help us pack the bags much sooner. @JenElio I think it'd be kinda cool if all of us traveled around Florida and found all these cool places to ride as a honda group. We need to do it more often!
Traveling all around as a group sounds pretty cool. I'll wait a cpl more days and see where we're at wit the date so I can book a room. I looked at the KOA and all their cabins are booked for the next month or so. I think it might be too hot for the tent. Definitely looking forward to it.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I forgot that it was scallop season! @JenElio May be a bad idea cause of the heat and we have mosquitoes that could stand flat footed and hump an ostrich, also not to mention the sand gnats! That aren't that bad until you get in the deep swamps or towards the coast. Good news is the yellow flies go to sleep at night! LMAO!

• Haha
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I forgot that it was scallop season! @JenElio May be a bad idea cause of the heat and we have mosquitoes that could stand flat footed and hump an ostrich, also not to mention the sand gnats! That aren't that bad until you get in the deep swamps or towards the coast. Good news is the yellow flies go to sleep at night! LMAO!
LMFAO!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
I know all about them mosquitos 😞

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Scallop season is what has me. Late sept would be better but I’ll what I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im up for whatever you guys decide, y'all know more about that area up there then me. Anytime is good with me.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keepin an eye on this thread, would love to come down and ride wiff y’all, even though I’m in Nc I useta was a fla boy, does that still count?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!