P500 Gun mount.

Thack

Thack

Oct 16, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
The kolpin 7th rhino grip mounts fit perfectly under the honda brand roof on roll bar. I have to change position on the mount on passenger side to fit longer rifles. But it was cheap around $28 on Amazon. And doesn't hang too low for a tall person, as I am 6'5"

1014161636 HDR

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
thanks thack, ive been looking for a gun mount sounds like a good price

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
The kolpin 7th rhino grip mounts fit perfectly under the honda brand roof on roll bar. I have to change position on the mount on passenger side to fit longer rifles. But it was cheap around $28 on Amazon. And doesn't hang too low for a tall person, as I am 6'5"

View attachment 24346
Welcome to the club! Nice mount at a great price.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas

View attachment 24346
Nice looking machine! Welcome to the club!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 24346

Welcome Thack. What pretty piece of iron you putting in that mount?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I use the same mounts under the roof, but off the front tube. In my case, it is for a short, carbine length pcp pellet gun, aka squirrel gun.

All my pcp's have floating barrel/shrouds, I needed to make a wrap around foregrip to fit in the jaws of the gun mount. Buried under the furniture is a Benjamin Marauder Pistol.

GEDC1948

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey will that setup still fit under the roof with a scope?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you provide a link to the mount on amazon? Thx!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome. I have been shooting my air rifles a lot more since 22 cal. ammo got crazy expensive, and hard to find for a while. I have never tried a PCP type air rifle. What make of gun is that in the pic. Where are you at in Arkansas?

Last edited:
advertisement
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome. I have been shooting my air rifles a lot more since 22 cal. ammo got crazy expensive, and hard to find for a while. I have never tried a PCP type air rifle. What make of gun is that in the pic. Where are you at in Arkansas?

I got back into pellet guns about 6 years ago when no .22 rimfire could be found on the shelves around here. PCP, overall won't be any money saver. The guns cost more than a PB, require a high pressure (3Kpsi) air source, be it a hand pump or a 4.5K bottle and fill station. Also, a chrony is needed for tuning the gun.

The above gun is a modified Crosman/Benjamin Marauder pistol: https://www.amazon.com/Benjamin-Marauder-PCP-Air-Pistol/dp/B003KP1PYW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

PS: I'm in NY :)

Reactions: Jshell3 and solrus
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I got back into pellet guns about 6 years ago when no .22 rimfire could be found on the shelves around here. PCP, overall won't be any money saver. The guns cost more than a PB, require a high pressure (3Kpsi) air source, be it a hand pump or a 4.5K bottle and fill station. Also, a chrony is needed for tuning the gun.

The above gun is a modified Crosman/Benjamin Marauder pistol: https://www.amazon.com/Benjamin-Marauder-PCP-Air-Pistol/dp/B003KP1PYW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

PS: I'm in NY :)

Sorry for my confusion Fuzz. I guess I must have been standing too close to the microwave again. :confused: Thanks for the information.

J

Jshell3

For survival... you can't beat an accurate 1 cock pellet rifle.
  • Abundant ammo.
  • 1,200 ft/Sec (crack) speeds
  • Quiet
Squirrel, rabbits, birds... survival.

Now I wouldn't want to go to war with it, but as a survival tool, it's as good as a 22lr for putting food on the table.

J

JTW

• Abundant ammo.
  • Quiet

Now I wouldn't want to go to war with it, but as a survival tool, it's as good as a 22lr for putting food on the table.
I'm going to have to get one..

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
  • Abundant ammo.
  • Quiet

I tried a break barrel early on, and I was only good to 35yds. The double recoil made it hold sensitive, for me. Agree it would make a good survival gun, but would want a PB for the zombie apocalypse. ;)

All of my pcps will do less than 1" at 50yds, most 1/2". I'll even shoot the 25 cals out to 100yds. With pellets, have to stay subsonic, so you are lobbing them in at that yardage. While they do come as large as 50 cal and shoot bullets, they are almost impossible to make quiet. My PBs cover that, so have not gone above 25 cal yet. The 25 cal does great for bigger pests like raccoon, possum, woodchuck, and beaver (permit).

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

I tried a break barrel early on, and I was only good to 35yds. The double recoil made it hold sensitive, for me. Agree it would make a good survival gun, but would want a PB for the zombie apocalypse. ;)

All of my pcps will do less than 1" at 50yds, most 1/2". I'll even shoot the 25 cals out to 100yds. With pellets, have to stay subsonic, so you are lobbing them in at that yardage. While they do come as large as 50 cal and shoot bullets, they are almost impossible to make quiet. My PBs cover that, so have not gone above 25 cal yet. The 25 cal does great for bigger pests like raccoon, possum, woodchuck, and beaver (permit).
Have you heard of Teds Holdover...
:)?

Last edited by a moderator:
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have you heard of Teds Holdover...
:)?

Yes I have and he has been doing airgun videos for quite awhile. Last I knew, he was prone to using much more expensive airguns than I. >$1000 I get enjoyment out of the modification process, so most of mine are based on crosman platforms. I bet that is hard to believe if you saw my list of changes to the P500. ;)

Reactions: Jshell3
Thack

Thack

Oct 16, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Hey will that setup still fit under the roof with a scope?
It will fit with a scope still. If your rifle is really long like one of my guns is I have to adjust one end and it hangs out one inch on passenger side. But I've had a few guns in it and rode through the woods and it works fine. Great for the money.

Thack

Thack

Oct 16, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome Thack. What pretty piece of iron you putting in that mount?
It's just an old single shot shotgun 410 I leave in it when I'm not hunting. But my weatherby 270 with scope and my knight muzzleloader with shop fit well too.

Reactions: trigger
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
I like those racks. I have two of them but mount them to a different place. Once I get the angle I want I epoxy the hooks to the base as I dont trust the little plastic clips. Works pretty good and my PRS rifle that is as long as a telephone pole fits fine.

Racks Racks2

Reactions: FuzzyGrub
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!