Gun Scabbord

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Any recommendations for a gun scabbard? I've seen one user adding a soft case that hangs in the rear window area but I'm looking for something that keeps my rifle more accessible. Just cuz ya never know!! Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I would want one of those that could be mounted to the floor board and allow the guns to stand up in the center somehow. That would be nice.

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was thinking that too but it eliminates the potential for a 3rd rider... I'll probably mount a hard scabbord on the frame behind the cab, not sure of any other options. Maybe even low on the windshield frame inside the cab if room allows and it doesn't interfere with my mind of sight...

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
The one I'm interested in goes up overhead and holds a couple rifles side to side

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking at a Kolpin Scabbard....will let me use a chainsaw boot as well.
Going to have to make some sort of a mount that attaches to the outside of the ROPS and clears the rear doors, so that can still use the dump bed.
I plan on making it so who I want to trail ride the extra width can be removed but still have the base permanently mounted.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Goggle up GearUP2GO.com. They have a very simple overhead rack that will hold two guns. No drilling us required. Costs around a hundred bucks. I bought one for my 700-4 about three weeks ago and so far fits my needs. I have lots of hogs, bobcats and coyotes on my property and needed something that made my getting to a rifle or shotgun quick. Great Day is the manufacture of this product Part # QD85X0GR for Pioneer 23.0" to 28.0"

advertisement
B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Bobbo64, Some of the Amazon reviews with other SXS said they were smacked in the head with gun in overhead rack. How tall are you? Do you think head bumps are an issue with 6'2" guys.

B

brd922001

Sep 30, 2013
I ordered it for my pioneer but had it on my rhino and had no problems. The pioneer is much taller so I don't think that should be a problem. I'm a little over 6 foot tall. I loved on the Rhino because it keeps the guns out of the way and easy to get.

B

brd922001

Sep 30, 2013
7yse4y8y

B

brd922001

Sep 30, 2013
I'm a little over 6 foot and have plenty of head room.

B

brd922001

Sep 30, 2013
That link is the one I ordered. Another note. One thing I did was put a ratchet strap between the two mounts. This keeps the role bars from pushing out when you clamp them in.

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gwishy said:
GearUP2GO had a nice Duck's Unlimited soft case that mounts to the rear cage for $50, annnnnnd their out of stock. Good ole Wally World;
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Acces ... mo/5984001

So the QuadGear case was very easy to install, excellent quality, and functional as hell... The case is well padded and well secured to the roll cage.

Now the problem; I have a dump bed the doesn't dump and a HUGE blind spot. It's easy enough to install/remove if I did have an application where the dump bed was required. The vision thing isn't a good thing when maneuvering hunting trails in the Adirondacks, no getting around that!! Side mirrors would be great but I'd have to buy them by the case on our tight trails.

Definitely a "rookie" mistake on my part...

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
Got my gun boot mounted up. I'm a tight ass so wanted to use the boot and mount I had on the atv. Got some angle iron and made a mount for it. It works perfect. I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can bolt it up permanently. Ill take a few more pics while I'm installing it.

37159130 4BD5 4123 849A 81BA00A8983D 4091 000006430A7CA8BC zpsd6eec5c4

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I took a chance and ordered the overhead gun rack. I have my doubts on the head room clearance, but there's little other choices. The bed is too small for a gun case, as I had originally planned. I like the vertical mount design, but hate to dedicate that for the middle of the floor. Can't hang anything over the back window cause now I have the rear panel.
So we'll see how the overhead system works out. I'm 6'1" and so far no bruises on my head. I'll let y'all know in a few weeks how my head feels. LOL!

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
brd922001.....how's the clearances with getting into the cab? Any close calls ?

Also.....What's the chances of inverting the rack system so that the guns sit above the mounting bars?

Just wondering out loud...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!