P1000 Gun Storage

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2013
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've seen a few guys that have the hard rear panel put there gun in between the panel and the seat. I think this would be about the best option if there's enough room. I'm going to look into this option once I get the rear panel.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put 2 of the Kolpin Ratcheting Grips on front and middle rops. Holds a gun or bow easily. I put my guns in a silicone sock to transport.

A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bit the bullet in October and bought the 2017 model P1000-3. The trouble I’m having is settling on a suitable method for gun storage. I’ve steered away from open air storage (upright and overhead racks) primarily because of dust buildup while driving and I’ve tried to avoid a mount that mounts behind the headrest so that rear vision isn’t impeded and so I can still use the dump bed.

I’m curious to see whether anybody uses the Kolpin gun boots and if so, where they’re mounted. Pics would be great.
This is what I did only holds 1 rifle or shotgun and keeps the dust off of it when was next to me in the cab, Cabelas $69.00 I think my boys got it for me at Christmas. Always have a gun with me for a coyote on the place.
IMG 3485
IMG 3484

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

This is what I did only holds 1 rifle or shotgun and keeps the dust off of it when was next to me in the cab, Cabelas $69.00 I think my boys got it for me at Christmas. Always have a gun with me for a coyote on the place.
View attachment 61525 View attachment 61526
That’s what I did on my Willy’s jeep.. the only thing I found was the sleeve/case I have isn’t waterproof which would allows the gun to get wet if left outside in the rain.

A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s what I did on my Willy’s jeep.. the only thing I found was the sleeve/case I have isn’t waterproof which would allows the gun to get wet if left outside in the rain.
I'll have to keep an eye on the rain/moisture Pioneer is always parked in the shop and never left out.

Reactions: JTW
A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I take it you have to remove it to dump the bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I have a dump bed but just have to slide up the gun case if using the bed not an issue for me. Case attached with straps and buckles easy to move or adjust.

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
have same case from honda i had it lower but moved it up top, drawback no rearview mirror.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!