P500 guys running 30" Interforces step inside...

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I am about to order some 30-8x14 interco interforces. I have 4+3 offset wheels. What all will I need to do to be able to run these? Is a frame mod a must?? I am tried of getting high centered following the bigger sxs..Pictures welcome

Reactions: Isaiah
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I did the 12" rim, I don't really know why I did that..I think it was so I could air down and get gooey tire flex. I think I did the 5/2 rim? And I added 2" spacers behind the wheel and did cut off the frame. They don't like being below8 psi much without bead locks. I would suggest bead locks if you can. But, for the P5 on most trails they work good all around, but if you drop off a ledge and crank the steering all the way to one side they can get wedged and stuck or "Over center", so when I do a drop off I tend to only turn shallow till I have contact. The big tires and hard trails can tear the welds where the A-arm mounts, so ponder that aftermarket bracket for insurance. If you have a locker the power steering is a must.
View media item 3348View media item 3441

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Have you tore the welds on yours? What’s the aftermarket bracket you speak off? Did you have to cut the frame to make it work?

Last edited:
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I had already torn mine and rewelded and made gussets before that bracket was available. It is a bolt on and really simple but I feel everyone with bigger tires that rides technical trails where the front end is nose down, or hits whoops hard etc.. needs one.

I made a thread a while back.
P500 - A-Arm mount tabs tearing? Get one a these..

Link to their FB page. Scroll down a bit, you will see it. $200
Ridin’ Dirty Off-Road & Fab

Reactions: Ragincajun92
Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info.Didn’t you run yours a while without cutting the frame? I want to cut mine but I wanna wait until I can do it right. I would like to be able to run the tires in the meantime if possible

Also that bracket thing you posted is it just a bolt on item of do I have to have other things fabricated ?

Last edited:
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I've thought the 30x8x12's on four front stock rims (6") would be a good combo. Helps keep the beads out of trouble. 2" rear spacers and the fronts at a width of your choice. Old school 'flat fender' woods crawler.....

Reactions: pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info.Didn’t you run yours a while without cutting the frame? I want to cut mine but I wanna wait until I can do it right. I would like to be able to run the tires in the meantime if possible

Also that bracket thing you posted is it just a bolt on item of do I have to have other things fabricated ?

I cut my frame right away, had 4 miles on machine. I used a sawzall then dressed with a cut-off wheel and never looked back. The bracket looks uber simple, from what I understand it slides on and the A-arm bolts hold it in place, it just adds a girdle.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I still say those stupid teeth on the A-Arm bushings cause the metal to fatigue at the mounts, why honda uses the arms as a torsion spring is beyond me. If you pull the arms off take a look and grind accordinglyView media item 3310.

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I cut my frame right away, had 4 miles on machine. I used a sawzall then dressed with a cut-off wheel and never looked back. The bracket looks uber simple, from what I understand it slides on and the A-arm bolts hold it in place, it just adds a girdle.
Well I ordered the tires. I hope the 30-8-14 fit good on my 14x7 wheels with the 4+3 offset. I hoping they are a little bit wider then the 8” they claim but if not as long as they mount to a 7” wheel I don’t care. I will also be ordering that a arm bracket you speak of as well

Reactions: pFive and mrjeff42
Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I still say those stupid teeth on the A-Arm bushings cause the metal to fatigue at the mounts, why honda uses the arms as a torsion spring is beyond me. If you pull the arms off take a look and grind accordinglyView media item 3310.
Also when you cut your frame did you weld the end up to close it up? Wondering how Necessary this is to do

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Also when you cut your frame did you weld the end up to close it up? Wondering how Necessary this is to do
I did not, to be realistic the inside of that frame will want to rust anyway, so this way I can shoot WD-40 or spray epoxy primer in the in the future.

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering structurally if it made any difference if it was capped or not

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering structurally if it made any difference if it was capped or not
I cant see it adding much strength much to cap it. If you clean the insides and use some weld through primer you could weld a cap on it, at least it would keep the mud out.

N

Nriccio22

Jul 20, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I ordered the tires. I hope the 30-8-14 fit good on my 14x7 wheels with the 4+3 offset. I hoping they are a little bit wider then the 8” they claim but if not as long as they mount to a 7” wheel I don’t care. I will also be ordering that a arm bracket you speak of as well
How did the wheel and tire combo work out for you? I’ve recently bought the same tires and offset combo and haven’t mounted yet. Any photos?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!