Half windshield

H

hossman55

Apr 15, 2015
I've come to the conclusion that the Honda half windshield is only good for advertisement for honda. It's to small it directs the wind right into my face.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree. But living in Alabama, I like to have that wind directed in my face.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
lol...
I made my own about a inch higher then the OEM and it too hit me in the face. I removed it after that trip.

Reactions: donasp
H

hossman55

Apr 15, 2015
I think I'm going to buy a full fold down windshield. That way I can get air on hot days & stay dry & warm when its raining or cold.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Im glad you posted that,I was gona buy one for the summer time use & put my full one back on for deer season.I had taken the full one off to get tented.Around the delta I need something to keep the bugs out of my teeth.

H

hossman55

Apr 15, 2015
They are other half windshields out there that r taller. I wouldn't recommend Honda's.

Lprioux

Lprioux

Jan 12, 2015
South Central Louisiana
I purchased a half windshield from SuperATV. It's about twice as tall vs. the Honda windshield. Satisfied and would recommend to others with P500.

Reactions: bobbyhill
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I purchased a half windshield from SuperATV. It's about twice as tall vs. the Honda windshield. Satisfied and would recommend to others with P500.
Can you keep windshield on when towing on a trailer?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've come to the conclusion that the Honda half windshield is only good for advertisement for honda. It's to small it directs the wind right into my face.

I think a lot of them are that way not just Honda. If you ever have one in light rain it just directs it right into your face.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have never ridden in a Pioneer with a half windshield. However, my brother had a Rhino that was equipped with one. It seemed pointless to me, so I never even considered one. I was looking to fully enclose the cab, anyway.

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I would agree on the pointless part. I don't have one and was considering.
Then I rode with buddy in another brand and the wind was directed right in my eyes. They were watering the whole time.
I couldn't see anything!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I have the superatv half and I love it the wind blows right over my head and im 5 11

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I have the superatv half and I love it the wind blows right over my head and im 5 11
I want to try one.Will wait till spring. I have a flip out oem.

Ian

Ian

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
I have the Honda half windshield. Used it for the past four weeks. In my opinion it's a waste of money. Does not deflect any wind. Would need to be at least 6 inches higher to be effective.
If I was buying again, I possibly would go to a Full Folder Down Screen.

Reactions: Chance135
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Raise it up off the hood 4" keeps the bugs out of your face and does away with some of the back pressure in the cab, less dust in the cab.my wife won't go riding without it.

Reactions: bobbyhill
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A Half windshield is like a half a condom, you feel optimistic putting it on feeling that something good is going to happen. But the end game result doesn't function the same.

Reactions: Jshell3 and p500fan
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
A Half windshield is like a half a condom, you feel optimistic putting it on feeling that something good is going to happen. But the end game result doesn't function the same.
Well minus getting out and wiping mud off because of no wiper blade after every pit

Ian

Ian

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
Raise it up off the hood 4" keeps the bugs out of your face and does away with some of the back pressure in the cab, less dust in the cab.my wife won't go riding without it.
I can only raise my Half Windshield about 6" as the ROPS frame narrows the higher it goes. The Half Windshield is poorly designed and wants to have a height of 18"to be effective.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!