Half Windshield

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Anyone have any experience with the half windshield? Trying to justify the full windshield to the wife and after purchasing my 700-2 -she is putting the squeeze on my spending :shock:

Thank you for your time!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I don't know about the 1/2. To me it would just seem like I got just that... 1/2 a windshield. I would find my self wishing I had got the full windshield a few months down the road. Then I would have to spend double $ to get it.

I will be buying the 2-PIECE FOLDING POLY WINDSCREEN in the future..
Here is a few pictures of the folding windscreen
[album]673[/album][album]672[/album][album]671[/album][album]670[/album][album]669[/album][album]668[/album]

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
My full shield should be in today. I got the optical grade because of the price and that I only use it when I ride in the winter. No mud to worry about scratching it and such. I looked at the half shield as well. I did not buy it because the seat is high in the pioneer and I don't think it would block the wind off of my face. The half shield worked well in my rzr because the seat is so low. I paid 289 plus tax full optical...only 100 bucks more than the half. The misses will thank you for the full shield when you are cruising in a blizzard or cold weather.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Redlife- if you don't mind might I ask you where you picked that up for 289? I would order it immediately!

Thank you!!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Well, broke down and bought the hard coat split. Now if I can just figure out a way to write it off-

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I have always been a big fan of half windshields, I have had one on a Ranger, a Kymco and I just put one on my Pioneer. The Honda windshield looks short but I checked it compared to others and the top of the windshield is about the same distance above the seat . I like half windshields because they nearly eliminate dust because it blows over your head instead of swirling behind the windshield.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Trying to decide between the hard coat and the optical grade on the folding poly windscreen. For those of you who have either, can you comment on how well they have performed? Thanks!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hard coat.
Don't remember who. But in one of these post... someone already said "I wished I had spent $100 extra and got the hard coat".....
lol.

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
Yes, someone mentioned seeing light scratches after very lite use of the non-hard coat version.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Hondasxs said:
Hard coat.
Don't remember who. But in one of these post... someone already said "I wished I had spent $100 extra and got the hard coat".....
lol.

Good memory. As Hondasxs quoted, I do wish I had spent the extra $100. I don't have any really bad scratches yet, but I can tell the optical is going to scratch somewhat easily. I have noticed some small scuff from just cleaning it with paper towels.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!