P700 Hard starting.... Starting clutch?

D

dwittig33

Aug 22, 2018
Washington State
Ownership

1. 700-2
TRIM_20180822_082833.mp4

Hi, i'm having problems with my 16 pioneer 700. not starting at all. I attached a link (above) of a video of what its doing. Things I've tried... new starter, new torque limiter, adjusted valves, different bigger battery. I've had the back cover off and all the gears look good. I believe the only thing left would be the starter clutch/one way bearing. But you have to lift the motor to get it it and pull the flywheel. Before i get into that mess, wanted to run it by you guys first. Also, normally there is more of a clanking grinding noise when i turn it over as well.

Also, what is the part number of the flywheel puller for this and is there a way to pull it without the special tool. I've done many other flywheels, yamahas, polaris's and normally can get it done without their tool, but haven't seen one like this. Thanks for your help guys.

Dusty

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TRIM_20180822_082833.mp4

Hi, i'm having problems with my 16 pioneer 700. not starting at all. I attached a link (above) of a video of what its doing. Things I've tried... new starter, new torque limiter, adjusted valves, different bigger battery. I've had the back cover off and all the gears look good. I believe the only thing left would be the starter clutch/one way bearing. But you have to lift the motor to get it it and pull the flywheel. Before i get into that mess, wanted to run it by you guys first. Also, normally there is more of a clanking grinding noise when i turn it over as well.

Also, what is the part number of the flywheel puller for this and is there a way to pull it without the special tool. I've done many other flywheels, yamahas, polaris's and normally can get it done without their tool, but haven't seen one like this. Thanks for your help guys.

Dusty

You sure its getting fuel and spark? It didn't sound like it was even trying to fire and I didn't hear the fuel pump pressurize.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like its hitting the compression stroke, so id say its turning over fine.

Spark and fuel seem like more likely candidates for the issue.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wonder if a bad cam would cause this? Any notable symptoms leading up to the current condition? Rough idle, lack of power, check engine lights, you just swamped it, anything?

Not being a smartass, one time a guy had a similar problem and it wasn’t til 20 posts in he finally admitted he just swamped it!

C

CountryCurt700

May 28, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any fix found for this? Identical issue with my 2016 700-4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!