Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have any of y’all been to RRB? If so would a stock P1k make it up to what they call top of the world? Me and my wife are wanting to go but just want to make sure I can even make it up there
You will have no problem at RRB, that said it makes a big difference which way you take some trails in how easy it is, specifically going downhill with deep ruts isn't an issue but uphill in some places can be next to impossible when muddy with sub 30" tires.

Bad trails to avoid are 6, 9, 26 are listed as black or difficult trails but it's the bottomless mudholes that will get you really.

Other than those three above, you can pretty much take a stock machine everywhere else in the Sundquist Unit covered by the paper map that people mistakenly refer to as Royal Blue which is across I-75 and has no official map and only some far western trails marked in the past 2 years, you cant get them confused as they are 2 hours apart by unmarked trails.

Going to top of the world the are just past where Trails 29 & 28 meet is a steep deeply rutted section with a bad rock ledge going uphill. Your best way is the fat orange highlighted route(s) will be your easiest way if you are coming from RRB campground.
Trailhead Trail 27, to 19 turn left on 19 then take either right 30 or right on 28 then hard right again on 30 up to top of the world overlook.
RRB Top of World Route

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You will have no problem at RRB, that said it makes a big difference which way you take some trails in how easy it is, specifically going downhill with deep ruts isn't an issue but uphill in some places can be next to impossible when muddy with sub 30" tires.

Bad trails to avoid are 6, 9, 26 are listed as black or difficult trails but it's the bottomless mudholes that will get you really.

Other than those three above, you can pretty much take a stock machine everywhere else in the Sundquist Unit covered by the paper map that people mistakenly refer to as Royal Blue which is across I-75 and has no official map and only some far western trails marked in the past 2 years, you cant get them confused as they are 2 hours apart by unmarked trails.

Going to top of the world the are just past where Trails 29 & 28 meet is a steep deeply rutted section with a bad rock ledge going uphill. Your best way is the fat orange highlighted route(s) will be your easiest way if you are coming from RRB campground.
Trailhead Trail 27, to 19 turn left on 19 then take either right 30 or right on 28 then hard right again on 30 up to top of the world overlook.
View attachment 324410
To locals, anything off exit 141 has always been called Royal Blue since the 50/60s, before the interstate was built. Royal Blue mining camp near the game wardens house is where the name came from. I never liked them naming it the Sundquist unit but oh well, that came out of Nashville. I wonder why Ride Royal Blue didn't call themselves Ride Sundquist Unit since thats where its located? It will always be Royal Blue to me. I don't think think I've ever heard anyone say let go to Sundquist lol. But I get what your saying because of the North Cumberland Map.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 324410
Thank you for that info. It sounds like you know that place like the back of your hand. I live about 6 hours away and my truck gets about 5 mpg so I’m hoping gas prices drop before summer is up. I’m planning on getting the Cfab a arms and 30s more than likely before we make the trip up there but it’s good to know I will be ok stock if all that gets put on hold

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for that info. It sounds like you know that place like the back of your hand. I live about 6 hours away and my truck gets about 5 mpg so I’m hoping gas prices drop before summer is up. I’m planning on getting the Cfab a arms and 30s more than likely before we make the trip up there but it’s good to know I will be ok stock if all that gets put on hold
I would suggest a good skid plate before an suspension upgrades. I would have good belly protection you can overcome some clearance short coming's. This is just my.02

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest a good skid plate before an suspension upgrades. I would have good belly protection you can overcome some clearance short coming's. This is just my.02
I do want a skid plate one day but I do 95% of my riding in South Carolina where I live not many big rocks around here. I’m about 45 mins from Carolina adventure world and River neck.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do want a skid plate one day but I do 95% of my riding in South Carolina where I live not many big rocks around here. I’m about 45 mins from Carolina adventure world and River neck.
Where's river neck? I'm 45 minutes from carolina adventure world also

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s called River neck acres in Florence. It’s a nice place but you can’t trust the mud holes unless you have huge tires (35 or bigger) I just go around all of them
O yea. I've heard of it. I heard it was a really muddy place

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!