500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 isn't broken in yet but after a number of hours riding the ditches, I find the ride pretty rough. It came with the springs on the second softest. Does it smooth out after a while? This is my first time with a sxs after many years of quading. If you have back issues, (herniated disc) this isn't for you. At least on a quad you can stand a bit to use your legs to absorb impact. Any thoughts?
My tailbone started hurting last fall so I added an old throw pillow. It helped.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Cut off stock lower mount....turn it around so shock bolt hole is toward wheel more .....move it less than an inch....weld back on.
20160910 104125 001 1
first time i did one it took about an hour and a half...

Lower turned around

this is mount turned around in position to weld back on.

you can then use any front shock that fits the yamaha rhinos. I went with walker evans,there are cheaper ones available.

Mines a 2015. I had 2016 pioneer replacement shocks on mine.....LITTLE improvement.

Just changing the front shocks this way (without doing the back) improves 80% of the ride.
Too bad you cant test out mine or other members machines who have done this. It completely changes the machine for better. NO more being bounced off the seat just driving a rougher trail.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
FORGOT...
JAK9922 will do all the fab work for you,if you take off and send him the lower control arms.

Plug and Play

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cut off stock lower mount....turn it around so shock bolt hole is toward wheel more .....move it less than an inch....weld back on. View attachment 40454 first time i did one it took about an hour and a half...

And if you go with WE shocks , change spring to 160-175 lbs rate (Rhino shock comes with 250 lbs)

Reactions: chrisC
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!