CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ok perfect. Thanks
To complicate the fact that every mfr's tire doesn't measure true is this - measure the inflated diameter, divide by 2 for the radius (duh). But that's not the rolling radius because it doesn't account for the vehicle's weight. The rolling radius is what matters to us the most for two reasons - 1. ground clearance (duh again). 2. (and less obvious) - the rolling radius is the lever arm against which the gearing is working 🤔 and will directly affect our performance. So even if we have the exact diameter (and circumference), it's the rolling radius that really matters. :oops:

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To complicate the fact that every mfr's tire doesn't measure true is this - measure the inflated diameter, divide by 2 for the radius (duh). But that's not the rolling radius because it doesn't account for the vehicle's weight. The rolling radius is what matters to us the most for two reasons - 1. ground clearance (duh again). 2. (and less obvious) - the rolling radius is the lever arm against which the gearing is working 🤔 and will directly affect our performance. So even if we have the exact diameter (and circumference), it's the rolling radius that really matters. :oops:

I'm lost. So 31 is not the rolling radius?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm lost. So 31 is not the rolling radius?
31" is the diameter, the radius is 15.5", the rolling radius is 15.5 minus the amount the tire compresses under the weight of the vehicle and is dependent on tire pressure and construction (stiffer sidewalls compress less, radial tires usually compress more).

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
31" is the diameter, the radius is 15.5", the rolling radius is 15.5 minus the amount the tire compresses under the weight of the vehicle and is dependent on tire pressure and construction (stiffer sidewalls compress less, radial tires usually compress more).

Sorry I understand now. When I reread the post I was thinking why did I just ask that😂

Texas_Craig

Texas_Craig

Oct 12, 2020
Yoakum Tx
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ok, All of you seem to be running the R model. Can you run this set up on the X model with out any problems. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 32” Carnivores on stock wheels if any one knows the for sure the work.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Ok, All of you seem to be running the R model. Can you run this set up on the X model with out any problems. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 32” Carnivores on stock wheels if any one knows the for sure the work.

They would work on your stock wheels on an X....but most likely at full lock and full compressed suspension you would slightly rub on the inner wheel well. Most don't care and say it's not bad. I run 32's on my X and that is my experience.....

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Exactly my setup and have no issues at all.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I’m running true 30’s on my X4 and I get a very slight rub on the front when full lock under compression.

Reactions: orangecrate
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Hey guys I know you all are talking about carnivores on stocks but I went rock-a-billy on stocks on my R live valve today only running 8psi per sedona hoping I done de-bead will see but here's you some pic. Fyi u need 2-1in wheel spacers for rear to match width of front im 72 front and 70in width rear
20201020 182624
20201020 182645
20201020 182717

gauspohl4305

gauspohl4305

Supporting Member
Aug 25, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm also looking at pulling the trigger on some Carnivores 32x10-15 on my stock Talon X, the package I'm looking at includes a set of bead locks at 5+2, is this offset recommended so nothing rubs? Just don't want to get these bad boys and have a bunch of issues with rubbing/ not fitting without spacers. This package is on mudthrowers.com

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I'm also looking at pulling the trigger on some Carnivores 32x10-15 on my stock Talon X, the package I'm looking at includes a set of bead locks at 5+2, is this offset recommended so nothing rubs? Just don't want to get these bad boys and have a bunch of issues with rubbing/ not fitting without spacers. This package is on mudthrowers.com

I am running a "5+2" +38 on my X. If you want to be closer to stock than a 6+1 is the way to go. You most likely will have the minimal rubbing issues that happen at full turn and full compression. And you will probably want 1.5-in spacers for the rear.

Texas_Craig

Texas_Craig

Oct 12, 2020
Yoakum Tx
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just added the Shock Therapy spring kit and 32 Carnivores and all I can say is wow ....... Best single mod i have made to any vehicle as of today ... best bang for your buck. I highly recommend the spring kit. Honda really messed up on the shocks on the talon but for $700 you can fix them. As for top speed, GPS not speedo I actually gained top end before i was hitting the Rev limit now I am not.

S

stonerdd

Nov 16, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I am wanting to add 32-10-15's on my factory rims of my Talon X4. A couple of questions:
1) For those who are running those tires, do you add rim spacers?
2) Is everyone running their factory A Arms or did you install a forward offset A Arm?

Just curious what other mods I may need if go with 32's.
Thanks

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
They’re about 3200 miles on them right now and 50% that’s blacktop as you can see with my license plate I do a lot of road riding and trail riding I’ve already bought a new set I won’t run anything else

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!